4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

gas

Old 07-31-2004, 03:10 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

Default RE: gas

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

It was always explained to me that the gas doesnt burn all the way and that wet gas will end up on the O2 sensors and will burn them out quickly. Is this not a fact?
thats true, but the 93 will fully burn. it will just take longer.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:26 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Just something I wouldnt wanna risk myself.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:27 PM
4G63buddy

ORIGINAL: 2000Si

ORIGINAL: 4G63buddy

Higher octane does create more hp, it may be really small, but since it is a higher octane, it burns at a considerably faster rate.
Refer to Nomo's above post... and incase you're blind let me re-****ing-iterate this.

HIGHER OCTANE DOES NOT CREATE MORE POWER. You are creating the power from the TURBOCHARGER, NOT THE HIGHER OCTANE!!! That's like me saying my car only makes 160 hp because I have to use at least 91 octane. WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG.
HIGHER OCTANE BURNS SLOWER. That's why it's used for high CR cars, turbo or other FI applications. IT BURNS SLOWER AS TO COUNTER THE EFFECTS OF PINGING/KNOCKING.

Don't talk to me like i dont know **** about turbo's. And yes, tuning with higher octane creates hp. Take a look at a modded supra that runs 650hp. 100hp of that comes from probably tuning with race gas. Higher boost requires more fuel and if you want a good amount of power you need to run high octane. Please take your 160hp of fury and ramble buill**** on another board. I said TUNING AND ADDED HIGHER OCTANE MAKE MORE POWER AND STOP TYPING IN GODDAMN HIGH ****ING CAPS, WE CAN ****ING SEE i never said that just adding premium gas adds hp.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:29 PM
4G63buddy

PM me if you want to discuss this with me personally. No more bashing
Old 07-31-2004, 03:44 PM
DrkAnglGT

ORIGINAL: nomocobra

ORIGINAL: DrkAnglGT

Then why is it that its better burning for the motor? Why is it that when I run 87 that it feels like I have taking a few horses from under the hood? A mustang is a performance car there for it needs "performance" gas.
ha its not better burning. actaully its slower burning. and sorry, a 97 gt isnt a performance car.
So I am guessing a Cobra is a performance car because its DOHC? I think you will have a fun time telling that to the majority of the board who is GT owners. And, once you convince my insurance company that my 97 GT is not a performance car and my rate goes down I will believe that. Muscle cars are performance cars, just cause we all can afford the big daddy of mustangs doesnt mean that we dont own a performance car.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:41 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Yeah, I dont know what that guy is talking about. Really now, I want my insurance to go down a little also!
Old 07-31-2004, 05:53 PM
01GTvertible
3rd Gear Member

quit being cheap skates, and run the high octane in your car. if you can afford a stang, and the insurance (which my GT is labeled as a sports car, therefore its a high performance car NOMOcobra) then you can put nothing but the best in your car. its just like changing your oil. sure you can go buy some oil at a convient store and it'll work, but i'll bet most of you use synthetic, or blend, dont you. i've never heard of it making hp, but i have heard of it prolonging your engine life.
Old 07-31-2004, 05:54 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

Don't talk to me like i dont know **** about turbo's. And yes, tuning with higher octane creates hp. Take a look at a modded supra that runs 650hp. 100hp of that comes from probably tuning with race gas. Higher boost requires more fuel and if you want a good amount of power you need to run high octane. Please take your 160hp of fury and ramble buill**** on another board. I said TUNING AND ADDED HIGHER OCTANE MAKE MORE POWER AND STOP TYPING IN GODDAMN HIGH ****ING CAPS, WE CAN ****ING SEE i never said that just adding premium gas adds hp.
he's talking to you like you dont know about turbos because you dont.
So I am guessing a Cobra is a performance car because its DOHC? I think you will have a fun time telling that to the majority of the board who is GT owners. And, once you convince my insurance company that my 97 GT is not a performance car and my rate goes down I will believe that. Muscle cars are performance cars, just cause we all can afford the big daddy of mustangs doesnt mean that we dont own a performance car.
dont take it personally, but 215hp isnt a performance car.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:55 PM

Higher octane does create more hp, it may be really small, but since it is a higher octane, it burns at a considerably faster rate.

i never said that just adding premium gas adds hp.
Um... care to explain that then Mr I Know Everything?

Old 07-31-2004, 08:03 PM
4G63buddy

ORIGINAL: nomocobra

he's talking to you like you dont know about turbos because you dont.
dont take it personally, but 215hp isnt a performance car.

Hey nomocobra....... speak when you make sense. Don't tell me i dont know about turbo's, because i have a EVO III big 16g, that puts out 382hp to this day. I have done all the work myself to the car, so dont tell me i dont know about turbos. When did hp make a sprorts car???? Just because his car has 215 doesnt mean it isnt a sports car. In fact, you probably insulted more than half the members on that quote. I am sorry, but i work insurance, filing claims to medical and automotive related insurance, and the mustang IS considered a sports car. Especially the GT series since it will require a little bit more a month. So, just because you think you have a cobra, doenst mean you are al-mighty. Like i said, pm me no bashing. So when did having a certain amount of hp make a car a sports car? Feel free to explain?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: gas