4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

50% done!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 06:52 PM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

Default 50% done!!

I just finished putting on the front 2 springs in my pro-kit, and i have one word of advice, dont try this by yourself!! (unless you have a spring compressor) the hardest part was getting the a-arm to go down far enough to get the spring out and then getting it down far enough to get the new one in, all while keeping the pigtail lined up in its perrch. also before you lower the front back down be sure to put some 2x4 or something under the front wheels if you have a big jack bc i couldnt get my jack out. overall the car looks much lower, but it kind of looks like a drag car now with stockers in back and eibachs up front haha. my kit came with a different cone shaped attachment for the back.... what is that? ive never heard of anyone using it before. any pointers before i tackle the back 2 springs?
Old 10-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 50% done!!

I wanna see what it looks like with the pro-kit in front and stock in back... kinda curious... I WANT PICS!!!
Old 10-22-2006, 06:59 PM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rusmisel01GT

I wanna see what it looks like with the pro-kit in front and stock in back... kinda curious... I WANT PICS!!!
ill try and get some up, i have deep dishes out back so it looks even more rediculous haha
Old 10-22-2006, 07:20 PM
stangc83
3rd Gear Member

The backs are soooo much easier than the front. Just disconnect the rear axle a little but keep the jack under the axle. Since the rears are soo much smaller than the stock they will fit right it really easy. getting them out all you rally need is a screw driver or something big to pry them out.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:48 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tcuallstar

I just finished putting on the front 2 springs in my pro-kit, and i have one word of advice, dont try this by yourself!! (unless you have a spring compressor) the hardest part was getting the a-arm to go down far enough to get the spring out and then getting it down far enough to get the new one in, all while keeping the pigtail lined up in its perrch. also before you lower the front back down be sure to put some 2x4 or something under the front wheels if you have a big jack bc i couldnt get my jack out. overall the car looks much lower, but it kind of looks like a drag car now with stockers in back and eibachs up front haha. my kit came with a different cone shaped attachment for the back.... what is that? ive never heard of anyone using it before. any pointers before i tackle the back 2 springs?
I lowered my wifes vert in less then an hour by myself. To get the front springs out i just stepped on the rotor to push the a arm down and it fell out. Same way to install the new ones. Did you disconnect the sway bar? For the rear just disconnect the shocks and lower the axle. Use your prybar to pop the spring out.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:38 PM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oxfordgt

I lowered my wifes vert in less then an hour by myself. To get the front springs out i just stepped on the rotor to push the a arm down and it fell out. Same way to install the new ones. Did you disconnect the sway bar? For the rear just disconnect the shocks and lower the axle. Use your prybar to pop the spring out.
Yea i had to disconnect the swaybar connection to the A-arm, there was no way the spring was coming out of there without that. did anyone use that cone shaped thing that came with the pro- kit?
Old 10-22-2006, 08:44 PM
Mark99GT
4th Gear Member

Im counting five words,lol...just breakin yer *****... Im also curious to see what it looks like with the stockers in the back and eibachs up front. Make sure you let us know how it rides when it's all done. Btw, are you going with cc plates and new shocks/struts?
Old 10-22-2006, 08:50 PM
stangc83
3rd Gear Member

You can totally do a spring change by yourself without a spring compressor. I did it in about an hour by myself. all 4 springs. Just disconnect the sus and brake lines. drop the a arms down, drop the rear axle and you are good. It does take a little prying but nothing gets meessed up.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:03 PM
5speedstang
4th Gear Member

on the rears if you turn the pig tails the other way you will get another 1/4-1/2 inch drop
Old 10-23-2006, 12:16 AM
PerformanceRed4.6
2nd Gear Member

i jus got done lowering my car with the steeda sport springs....was pretty easy swap. rear was a piece of cake....done all 4 in bout 1hr and 30 min