4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

4.6 THREADS

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 06:50 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 4.6 THREADS

this is what its like with the 4.6 section split between tech and talk....would work well here!

http://forums.stangnet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141
Old 10-25-2006, 07:12 PM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shifty Powers

another thing that might contribute to this.. is the posting and over posting of the same question 8 different times in a row just because someone doesnt see it on the front page...

it would help so much if people used the SEARCH option first... im sure almost all of them could find thier answers that way...

but i agree with you guys.. good call
Not even the search option, how about the stickies?! I mean we are all lazy baztards afterall, but they are at the top and only require a click, not even any typing, and yet they are not used. Asking for the search function to be used is for advanced users...
Old 10-25-2006, 07:30 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

sometimes the stickies just don't have the answer to the questin though...idk how this would come about as i have no experience running a server and all that...but i think allowing more topics per page would eliminate some of that overlap...like perhaps 50 per page....wait nvm because then 56k users would b*tch
Old 10-25-2006, 08:43 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: laserred38

sometimes the stickies just don't have the answer to the questin though...idk how this would come about as i have no experience running a server and all that...but i think allowing more topics per page would eliminate some of that overlap...like perhaps 50 per page....wait nvm because then 56k users would b*tch
That's an idea, but it'll eat more and more bandwidth with every forum load. In the end it'll just slow this place down immensley.

As for the search feature, it's always a good idea to use it, but the search feature doesn't always work the best. This is why we have a sticky thread pertaining to certain topics.

ANY of you can feel absolutely free to contribute any information OR put together your OWN thread about a topic, shoot me, Code3GT or any other Site Moderator/Admin a PM and after we review it, we will add it to the sticky thread for modifications!!
Old 10-25-2006, 08:51 PM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

so not to hijack the thread...but what are better gears 3:73s or 4:10s?

jk...please dont kill me[8D]
Old 10-25-2006, 09:20 PM
ackuric
4th Gear Member

The main problem, is, serious questions get asked, that the average new kid w/ a mustang who posts a million threads that could be found through search, couldnt answer. So meanwhile, before someone with the knowledge, and or experience has time to view the thread, 100 other pointless threads, are formed, and far from technical. examples...

-how should i spend my money? (i can see this in some rare occasion, like serious engine/tranny work. ect...)
-whats better, this or that?
-Will my stang take my neighbor?
-Check out my rims yo!
-anyone have these gauges? do you think they look good?
-O/R X OR O/R H O/R SHOULD I SHOOT MYSELF
-I need pics of this, or that (which do not pertain to the technical aspect of a stang)
-I lost my virginity

and countless others...

Like I orginally stated, the main problem is that Important threads, get put back 3-4 pages, and never see the eyes of someone with the knowledgable input for that person who really needs assistance, help, and/or opinions.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I agree ackuric, but it would be so hard to police all the threads. Eventually with all the duplicate threads we'd be locking or deleting, we would just be frustrating the masses & eventually driving away current & new members. I think the system we have now works good.

I wish there was something we could do about keeping important topics on the first page, but until there is a way to do so...ya just gotta cope with it the best you can.

If we locked all the duplicate threads, we wouldn't have had any new threads in the past year or so, I think we've covered every topic & issue possible...lol
Old 10-25-2006, 10:05 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: geetee03

we definatley need sub-forums

4.6 TECH
4.6 TALK

now that is a good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2006, 10:57 PM
ackuric
4th Gear Member

If we locked all the duplicate threads, we wouldn't have had any new threads in the past year or so, I think we've covered every topic & issue possible...lol
we would still have plenty of threads, and reading material.

maybe we need a 21+ only, must have i.d) 4.6 Tech and a (16-20 yr old club) 4.6 talk.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:18 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: ackuric

we would still have plenty of threads, and reading material.

maybe we need a 21+ only, must have i.d) 4.6 Tech and a (16-20 yr old club) 4.6 talk.
LOL, the locking and deleting duplicates just isn't feasible, but the that idea is pretty funny! Some of our younger members are the most hands-on members we have man!!!

Quick Reply: 4.6 THREADS