4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Lunar gauge cluster or rims?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 04:57 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default Lunar gauge cluster or rims?

My g/f will buy me either the lunar cluster (and something else probably not car related):

http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugede...earch&gid=3377

or a set of rims and nothing else (leaning towards DD black bullitts)

Which would you choose? I get to decide, and I am gonna get something cosmetic, because I have a hard time spending my money on looks when I can buy something on performance...

The lunar cluster would match my boost/fuel pressure gauge (both autometer lunar) and complete the gauges once the raptor is in (on order) but you can't see it from outside. The wheels would look good, but I am still not convinced I want to go black with a chrome lip on my car.. still really like the looks of my shiny (if not chrome) 5 spokes..
Old 10-26-2006, 05:05 PM
sstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Lunar gauge cluster or rims?

That's a toughy. They both would look good. Those gauges, I think, are the best looking on the market. Either way you win in my book. I wish my girlfriend would buy me car stuff...... she hates how I'm into cars so much.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:54 PM
WOH HRSY
4th Gear Member

Wheels will do way more for cosmetics compared to the guages, they get my vote.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:58 PM
rainydayracing
4th Gear Member

I vote for the DD rims cause it would help get more ponies on the street.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:02 PM
Kolson

I think the main consideration between those two choices will be cost. It is like asking "Should I get a V6 Mustang or a Corvette?"

Rims are probably going to be 4-8 times more expensive than a gauge set. So the real question is how much is she willing to spend on you? If she wants to spend under $100, go with gauges. If she wants to spend over $500 then go with rims.

The rims are the clear winner in my opinion (as they improve the look of the car more IMHO), but I know my fiance could buy new gauges alot easier than she could buy new rims.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:31 PM
JonBeast

WHEELS.....and some suspension
Old 10-26-2006, 07:38 PM
BoBalls08
2nd Gear Member

first of all, where did you find a girl like that? my girl moans every time i spend a penny on my car! but i would most def. go with the rims. if she's willing to pay for them now, don't hesitate because tomorrow might be a diffirent story...
Old 10-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

I vote for what your GF thinks is going to makeyou most happiest... I've been playing this game with girls and an ex wife for years... Let her know the things you really want and let her choose. Othewise she's always gonna think you wanted the "something else". And after she gets it for you say something like "thats what I was really wanting!" And go on about it for days to all your friends in front of her and to her girl friends. Oh and don't ever complain about it after you get it... If she gets you rims and you hate them, suck it up and drive on... A present from a GF is just as much for her as it is for you..................

GF Psychology 101

Mike

Oh and if you **** them off this is what you'll get.... see file LOL
Old 10-26-2006, 07:54 PM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

In your case I would get the wheels, the lunar gauge cluster is waaaaay to expensive. After she get you your wheels why don't you jut pick up some plain white face gauges, they look the best to me.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:01 PM
03GTGreen
2nd Gear Member

Get the Black DD Bullits, I think they would look bad on your ride, and then you should get a Cobra R (Older Style) Hood.

Quick Reply: Lunar gauge cluster or rims?