4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Densecharger

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 07:34 AM
Razor19
2nd Gear Member

Default Densecharger

Looking into buying a densecharger very soon. Do any of the densecharger systems come with a new MAF also? I want a full densecharger system meaning from fenderwell to TB and I'm looking at there site right now which system do I want? If I get a new MAF will that drop my MPG really bad or will I need new fuel injectors? Anybody know a site where I can get the densecharger from for cheaper other than www.densecharger.com? Anything anybody can tell me about densecharger would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:22 AM
rtm
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Densecharger

I had the full system on my GT. The new MAM is calibrated to the injectors that you have. The best thing to do is give them a call, and speak with John. He owns the company and answers the phone. He is very helpful, and will go out of his way to give you what you want.

As far as price goes, I don't think you will find it anywhere else unless you come upon an individual that is selling their's. I sold mine on E-bay when I got my other car, and it did not last long at all.

Todd
Old 08-18-2004, 08:30 AM
92BOOSTED
3rd Gear Member

Why did you sell it?
Did you not like it?My uncle is looking into a setup for his car so i am interested in some opinions about the densecharger.

Rye
Old 08-18-2004, 05:16 PM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

Hi- I bought the densecharger from RTM (from e-bay) cuz it was a good deal and he doesn't need it (can't use it) on his noew '04 cobra. My wife just called me from home (I'm at work) and said it arrived today. I am so very STOKED.

To answer your question, yes they do have the version which comes with the 85mm MAF and I even read on the website that some folks claim mileage gains. What I have found to be true in my '02 stock GT is that my mileage varies so very much that I can't even correlate it to octance or anything. In other words, if you got the densecharger, even if your engine is more efficient, you'll probably ALWAYS have your foot in it to hear the induction and feel the power and like me you'll probably get poor MPG. I have pulled a few 26 and 27 MPG but have also pulled some 21-23 MPG. I have tried several tanks of 87 and 93. In summary, I am not expecting the densecharger to affect my fuel costs nearly as much as my foot does!

I agree with RTM to call densecharger if they are that friendly.

Thanks RTM for the densecharger!!! BTW: prochamber just came in last night. Fun weekend ahead!
Old 08-18-2004, 06:34 PM
GiddiupStang
1st Gear Member

I have the full Densecharger system on my 97GT (TB to K&N filter) including 85mm MAF calibrated, and do not regret not one moment for buying it. It set me back about 300 clams but 20bucks per HP ain't all that bad(est. 15-17hp gain). I cannot tell much difference in MPG because like like jishead, my driving habits vary, but you can sure tell a difference in the throttle response. Also like rtm said, when you call John, the owner, will pick up. He was very helpful and can answer whatever question you may have, including recommendations for future upgrades.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:33 AM
rtm
2nd Gear Member

Hey Jishead,

I think that you are going to be wearing a big smile this weekend. [sm=smiley4.gif]

First when you start the car up and see how the pro-chamber sounds with the Magnaflows, and second when you take it down the road with that and the Densecharger installed.

I had the same mods as you have/ gonna have on my 01 and really enjoyed it.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with such as questions on the install. I am on this board mostly in the mornings, but you can contact me through the E-bay address.

Todd
Old 08-19-2004, 06:37 PM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

I put on the full length densecharger with 85mm MAF AND THE MAC ProChamber last night. Holy $hi7 Batman. I can't tell which is more enjoyable; the sound gain or the push you back in the seat gain (over stock). Everything else is bone stock. Now, there are some problems with these two mods:

- I will have increased tire wear.

- I will have increased insurance due to increase run-ins with the law.

- I will have decreased fuel economy. The system is actually probably capable of INcreased fuel economy but NOT if I keep mashing on the pedal to experience the sound and push!

- I can never sneak up on anybody again!

Other than these problems which I can deal with I give the upgrades a 9.9!
I wasn't sure how it would go pushing the prochamber through the stock catback but it is going great.