4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Some one please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 10:28 PM
2004_mustang_gt
1st Gear Member

Default Some one please help!!!!!!!!!!!

Whenever I brake theres a noise coming from the front passenger side of the car. Theres also slack in my steering wheel, i can turn it about an inch either way without any response at all. My car is rebuilt but doesnt have any frame damadge. The only thing I know thats wrong with the car is that theres a bushing on the front passenger side for the engine mount thats messed up. I was wondering if my steering problem and the noise would stop if I either get that bushing changed or even go as far as changing out the whole engine mount. Could it be that when the car was repaired that there might be something that might put too much pressure on the front passenger bushing and that even if I changed out the bushing or the engine mount that it would just happen again anyways? By the way I drive a 2004 anniversary edition mustang GT 5-speed and it only has 5000 km's on it.
Its the control arm on the drivers side, the V or Y shaped thing, its the bushing on the rear end of the control arm.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2006, 03:14 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Some one please help!!!!!!!!!!!

1st. Grab the top of each wheel with both hand and check for play
2nd Lift the front of the car ( whole car would be better) and start pulling on the steering arms check for play.
3rd grab the steering shaft check for play
4th inspect all bushings....

One by One replace the cheapest things first... go in order

Mike
Old 10-28-2006, 04:53 AM
scubasteve20

Default RE: Some one please help!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 Get it off the ground and shake everything you can get your hands on, especially all the steering gear and move the front of each wheel in & out. Get a freind to watch closely as you move stuff. 90% you'll find it. Good luck

Steve