4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Bad Night

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 02:22 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Bad Night

Keep a piece of a 2x4 in your car and put it behind one of your tires if your worried that your car is gonna roll.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:24 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sprostang

Keep a piece of a 2x4 in your car and put it behind one of your tires if your worried that your car is gonna roll.
+1 maybe a brick?
Old 10-28-2006, 02:30 AM
TruckStang
2nd Gear Member

Sadly my car is a 2000 gt, that just totally sucks that i'm just now finding out about this. if I knew about this sooner, I would have gotten that fixed a long time ago.[:@]

ORIGINAL: trickdriller

I don't know what year your car is, but I do know that the 2000 GT's had some problem with the parking break. I didn't see it, but someone I know had the parking break not work in a friggen parking lot! Some car nudged his stang, and it went rolling.

Also, does anyone know why his car rolled if it was in gear?? That doesn't make me feel too good about parking my car at all if I know putting it in gear does nothing to keep it in place. And sorry to hear about that happening. I do believe I'd loose it if I found my car at the bottom of a hill if I didn't put it there.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:30 AM
r0ckster 99GT
1st Gear Member

Geez sorry to hear about yer ride, I remember in drivers ed (many years ago)they told us to turn the wheels
towards the curb when parked on an incline so if it does roll it will hit the curb and stop! Something for everyone
to remember the next time they are parking on an incline. It might save you from the headache TruckStang is going through!!
Old 10-28-2006, 02:31 AM
TruckStang
2nd Gear Member

The thing is, I park in the same spot every time o come over here, this is the first time it has done anything even close to this and now that it has happened, its the worse case scenari(sp?)

ORIGINAL: mvr

ORIGINAL: sprostang

+1 maybe a brick?
Old 10-28-2006, 02:33 AM
TruckStang
2nd Gear Member

In a way, my wheels were kinda turned, because instead of going straight down the street, it went into a yard that was at a ver different angle from his house. But wouldn't it leave tire marks the whole way down the street if it was in gear? That's what blows my mind.

ORIGINAL: r0ckster 99GT

Geez sorry to hear about yer ride, I remember in drivers ed (many years ago)they told us to turn the wheels
towards the curb when parked on an incline so if it does roll it will hit the curb and stop! Something for everyone
to remember the next time they are parking on an incline. It might save you from the headache TruckStang is going through!!
Old 10-28-2006, 02:50 AM
stanggt99
2nd Gear Member

they also said in drivers ed
when your car is uphill put it in 1st
when downhill put it in reverse
obveously your car was parked uphill if the rear was hit
that's what's weird if the brake didn't grad the trans would
did someone take it out of gear?[:@]
i know if someone messed with my car i wouldn't be very nice
Old 10-28-2006, 02:54 AM
TruckStang
2nd Gear Member

No, no one took it out of gear, I put the alarm on when I got out of the car, so I know for a fact that I was the last person that touched it. The alarm was going off like crazy though when it hit the tree.

ORIGINAL: stanggt99

they also said in drivers ed
when your car is uphill put it in 1st
when downhill put it in reverse
obveously your car was parked uphill if the rear was hit
that's what's weird if the brake didn't grad the trans would
did someone take it out of gear?[:@]
i know if someone messed with my car i wouldn't be very nice
Old 10-28-2006, 03:02 AM
stanggt99
2nd Gear Member

that sucks man
lol on getting it fixed
Old 10-28-2006, 04:05 AM
TruckStang
2nd Gear Member

I'm not too enthused about getting quotes about how much its going to cost to get fixed. I know for sure its a lot. I'm not too worried about the bumber or the tail light being expensive, but i just went and really looked at it and my quarter panel is bent with a crease, and my exhaust is also ****ed up as well. I haven't even had my new cat back for a month yet

ORIGINAL: stanggt99

that sucks man
lol on getting it fixed

Quick Reply: Bad Night