4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Valet Soaked My Interior, Please Help

Old 10-28-2006, 03:24 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Valet Soaked My Interior, Please Help

make sure whoever details it up removes the seats and treats the suede inserts, take out the carpet and shampoo and remove the material under the carpet that will hold the water and replace with new. If the seats don't go back to normal make them replace them too.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:52 AM
Cobra_Commander
1st Gear Member

Ok so heres the latest. The morning after the incident I've vacumed the car myself and let the windows down the entire day to help it air out. I called the valet service owner and left a message for him to call me back. In the mean time I filed a claim w/ my insurance company. Eventually the valet owner called back and said he was sorry, that these things unfortunately sometimes happen and that he was more than happy to pay for a $150-200 detail service. He even recommended some in the Orlando area. I told him I'd wait to see what the claims ajuster had to say. Well today the claims adjuster called me and told me that if the owner agreed to pay for the necessary cleaning charges then to just go with it and drop the claim. Plus with my $500 deductible it really wasn't worth it. So tomorrow I'll start my hunt for the best place in Volusia County, FL. Any suggestions?

I do think everything will be fine as far as the interior goes. Everything dried up fairly well, the suede/leather seats are still soft, and I believe the water spots on the plastic will come off. I'll have the detailer shampoo and wet dry the carpet so that should help too. I may have a ford dealership inspect the electricals in the doors. Even though everything works well now I think it wouldn;t hurt.

I will agree w/ what some people have said about not trusting valet's w/ your car. Believe me, I was VERY hesitant. Had there been any other options aside from parking my car on some small, dark a$$ alley where it would have been broken into, I would have taken it. But even so, I told the valet to be careful and I sat and watched him park the car no more than 10 feet from where I gave it to him which also happened to be the first spot, closest to the front entrance. I even took the keys from him to go get the car in the rain b/c I didn't want him to drive it again or get the driver seat wet when he got in. But obviously, that was pointless in the end.

Thanks again for all your input guys!
Old 10-30-2006, 01:05 AM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

I'm pretty sure after a good cleaning your car will be fine.

Thats why I always park my own car. Not like I go to places nice enough with valet parking but....[&:]
Old 10-30-2006, 01:21 AM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

your first problem was letting a valet service touch your car
Some places wont let you park your car, you must have them do it. We go to a strip club and i dont drive anymore, someone else does because you must have it valet.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:59 AM
Flyingmau5
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Cobra_Commander

Ok so tonight my windows got left down by the valet of this reputable club. It poured rain and needless to say the interior got soaked.

First off, has anyone had this happen to the interior on an cobra w/ the suede/leather seats? Any chance of getting rid of the mildew? How do I fix?

Secondly, what are my chances of holding the club and or valet service accountable for the damages? The manager agreed to have EVERYTHING taken care of but i doubt a detail service can handle it. I'll be able to tell in the AM but i think there will be water streaks on the plastic interior. On top of the detail service he is getting my gf's dress dry cleaned but this isn't good enough!

Guys ANY info is extremely appreciated. I'm callin the manager in the morning. Keep you posted
and which club was this? [:'(]