4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

mod suggestions with my budget?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 11:33 PM
built54
1st Gear Member

Default RE: mod suggestions with my budget?

Well I havent seen that. I put stage 1 comp cams in my 5.4L f150 and saw an 8hp gain on the dyno... Some engines are different, but for the cost, I would wait untill more mods are done to add cams.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:37 PM
handyandy
4th Gear Member

Well see thats what I'm asking, if I need some more mods before I get cams, what kinda mods should those be? Excluding FI or juice.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:44 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

I'd buy bbk or mac ceramic coated long tubes, with a shorty mid pipe and then save up for the install, or try to tackle the install yourself. Have you considered nitrous??
Old 10-29-2006, 11:47 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: built54

Well I havent seen that. I put stage 1 comp cams in my 5.4L f150 and saw an 8hp gain on the dyno... Some engines are different, but for the cost, I would wait untill more mods are done to add cams.
The F-150's intake is alittle more restrictive then the PI intake and did you degree those cams? I have seen people gain up to 15 hp by just installing them correctly. I've heard of people making up to an extra 30 but i haven't seen it in person so i won't quote that number.
When i installed my comp262ah's the stock timing gears were off huge. i was advance 8* on the driver side and -2* on the passenger.
If i would have just went with a straight up install i would have had ptv for sure.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:47 PM
stangman2354
3rd Gear Member

get a tuner and u can tune it yourself...and get a o.r midpipe and you can install that yourself too...so that is $540 right there and you have 160 to to buy what ever you want with.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:50 PM
handyandy
4th Gear Member

In my first post I was asking about mods besides exhaust, but yea I've considered juice and of course FI. But dad wont let me haha. [:@]
I want some more power, I'm thinking its gonna cost more than 700 bucks for what I want to feel. I might as well just get a midpipe. Will a prochamber help my flow/sound out? I think I need cats for inspection (i have no hook ups), and I dont want to mess with MIL eliminators. Whats the cheapest place I could get one? And can I install it myself? I have a 2.5" catback, will it fit? Stock headers too.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:51 PM
tommy2273boy
5th Gear Member

i was looking at your mods...do you have an UDP yet?

go to RPMoutlet.com and get the tuner UDP package for $450...

i know people say RPMoutlet sux, but it looks like an awsome deal...somthing to think about!
Old 10-29-2006, 11:53 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Tuners are garbage, I really dont know why everyone loves them. The only thing I've liked them for is bumping down my timing with nitrous and resetting my speedo. I felt little gains even on a 93 octane tune. To me, it felt like a waste of 500 dollars. With the wasted money on a accufab tb/plenum and the worthless tuner, I decided to get some spray. I couldn't be happier with my decision.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:55 PM
stangman2354
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: handyandy

In my first post I was asking about mods besides exhaust, but yea I've considered juice and of course FI. But dad wont let me haha. [:@]
I want some more power, I'm thinking its gonna cost more than 700 bucks for what I want to feel. I might as well just get a midpipe. Will a prochamber help my flow/sound out? I think I need cats for inspection (i have no hook ups), and I dont want to mess with MIL eliminators. Whats the cheapest place I could get one? And can I install it myself? I have a 2.5" catback, will it fit? Stock headers too.
Oh I didn't see that you said you didn't want exhaust...but yea a midpipe besides gears i think is the best bang for buck..and yes it will hook up to ur stock exhaust manifold. And yes you can install it yourself its pre.tty easy except the passenger exhaust manifold part...I call them the studs from hell
Old 10-29-2006, 11:55 PM
handyandy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tommy2273boy

i was looking at your mods...do you have an UDP yet?

go to RPMoutlet.com and get the tuner UDP package for $450...

i know people say RPMoutlet sux, but it looks like an awsome deal...somthing to think about!
Yea I already have UDP's, they're in my sig. I don't have first hand knowledge but I agree with 03sonicgt about tuners. I don't think its worth it, especially without FI.

Quick Reply: mod suggestions with my budget?