4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

mod suggestions with my budget?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 12:00 AM
stangman2354
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: mod suggestions with my budget?

ORIGINAL: handyandy

ORIGINAL: tommy2273boy

i was looking at your mods...do you have an UDP yet?

go to RPMoutlet.com and get the tuner UDP package for $450...

i know people say RPMoutlet sux, but it looks like an awsome deal...somthing to think about!
Yea I already have UDP's, they're in my sig. I don't have first hand knowledge but I agree with 03sonicgt about tuners. I don't think its worth it, especially without FI.
Unless your automatic then it you can increase shift firmness. And make us autos a little faster so we arent as far behind the 5speeds. lol
Old 10-30-2006, 12:01 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tommy2273boy

i was looking at your mods...do you have an UDP yet?

go to RPMoutlet.com and get the tuner UDP package for $450...

i know people say RPMoutlet sux, but it looks like an awsome deal...somthing to think about!
He's got UDP's listed in his sig. And its not a good deal if you don't get the product...or have to wait 3 months for them. Just food for thought.

If I already had your mods, and had $700 to spend...I'd get an SCT Tuner and a mid-pipe-Or long tubes and mid-pipe.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:04 AM
handyandy
4th Gear Member

What about suspension work? Can I install suspension easily? I heard lower control arms will help my hook and handing. I want good daily handling and better traction.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:28 AM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Get some nitto drag radials, I couldn't break the tires lose from even a 5mph roll without nitrous.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:32 AM
handyandy
4th Gear Member

Do you have 4.10's? I break loose so bad. My rear tires are very worn down. I'm bout to get some new ones. I think my dad wants to just get some street tires though so they last longer....[:@], as much as I want some DR's. Maybe 275's will do some justice. Does it mess up handling if I have 275's on the back and 245's on the front?
Old 10-30-2006, 12:36 AM
stangc83
3rd Gear Member

i would get full exhaust... x or h, and full cat-back. with 700 you cna get a nice cat back...do not get flowmaster.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:38 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: handyandy

Do you have 4.10's? I break loose so bad. My rear tires are very worn down. I'm bout to get some new ones. I think my dad wants to just get some street tires though so they last longer....[:@], as much as I want some DR's. Maybe 275's will do some justice. Does it mess up handling if I have 275's on the back and 245's on the front?
No, thats what I've got. I didn't see any better traction though. Maybe grab a pair of 9-10 inch wide rims, if you can find them to match your current wheels, and wrap them in 305-315's.

Old 10-30-2006, 12:39 AM
handyandy
4th Gear Member

Alright, I guess I should consider exhaust. I do have a catback, I think I should get a good midpipe. I'm thinking pro chamber, check out my reply a little ealier in this thread. Good idea?
Old 10-30-2006, 12:52 AM
SINISTER
5th Gear Member

I liked the tuner. I felt a definite SOTP feel increase in power, and running the 93 fuel only cost about $2 more per fill up, not that big of a deal. Also, I plan on getting some gears pretty soon, and I will need to adjust the spedo. I got my tuner used for $250, look around and you can do the same, it is worth it when you get it like that. Just make sure the original owner restored the stock tune back into his/her car and you'll be fine. Then you will still have money left over for some exhaust stuff.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:21 AM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

honestly keep saving you will regret it later. I have full bolt ons now but If I would have waited I could have had the turbos back then that I have now waiting in the wings for instal. Save for a supercharger or turbo. Shure there way more, but in the long run they save money over bolt ons and make more power.

Quick Reply: mod suggestions with my budget?