4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

gift certificate!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 01:02 AM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

Default gift certificate!

Well, today was my birthday, and my girlfriend and parents got together and gave me a gift certificate for 500$ to Mustangs Unlimited!

I was thinking, since I already worked out a budget for suspension work and new gears this winter (while my babys in storage), that maybe i'd put the money towards a nitrous oxide kit.

Its a toss up between a nitrous express kit or a zex kit. Any recommendations which brand to go with?
Old 10-30-2006, 01:48 AM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

Default RE: gift certificate!

ive heard that NX is the way to go.....thats what im going with when i get to that point
ps.....CONGRATS
Old 10-30-2006, 01:55 AM
II 98 GT II
4th Gear Member

dang. i've given my girlfriend all sorts of ideas for birthday ideas (all involving my car), but she won't buy me anything that has to do with mustangs[:@]. How much does that suck?
Old 10-30-2006, 02:03 AM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

haha yeah man i hear ya....

my parents and my girlfriend dont want me doing anything stupid to my mustang....like getting nitrous haha...but they wants me to be happy, and knows i'd probably end up doing it with my own money later down the road...

and trust me, this beats anything amont of shirts/ties/books/dvds/cds whatever else they could have given me....

since i've bought this car, i havent really had many other hobbies....you should see the stack of magazines and catalouges on my desk hahahaha

and yeah, i'm leaning towards the NX kit...just because I've heard more positive than anything else... mustangsunlimited also has a kit by NOS....but...frankly...i want to avoid the fast and furious jokes....and the same basic kit that NX or Zex put out for like 550-600, NOS is putting out for like 800...wtf is that about....
Old 10-30-2006, 02:33 AM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT03 TJS

haha yeah man i hear ya....

my parents and my girlfriend dont want me doing anything stupid to my mustang....like getting nitrous haha...but they wants me to be happy, and knows i'd probably end up doing it with my own money later down the road...

and trust me, this beats anything amont of shirts/ties/books/dvds/cds whatever else they could have given me....

since i've bought this car, i havent really had many other hobbies....you should see the stack of magazines and catalouges on my desk hahahaha

and yeah, i'm leaning towards the NX kit...just because I've heard more positive than anything else... mustangsunlimited also has a kit by NOS....but...frankly...i want to avoid the fast and furious jokes....and the same basic kit that NX or Zex put out for like 550-600, NOS is putting out for like 800...wtf is that about....
so that the FATF fans will spend $200 extra to be like the movie
Old 10-30-2006, 02:39 AM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

I really like my NX kit. But I've only heard good things about the zex kits as well. I would go with a wet kit regardless of what kit you decide...
Old 10-30-2006, 03:59 AM
SINISTER
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03sonicgt

I really like my NX kit. But I've only heard good things about the zex kits as well. I would go with a wet kit regardless of what kit you decide...
+1 The wet kits are the way to go these days. And I have heard great things about the Zex kits. I think they come with a lot of safety featurs built into the system (some kind of fuel control compter that makse sure you don't go too lean). Whatever you decide on, do your research and pick the one you feel is the best. Congrats on the sweet gift.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:46 AM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

Zex wet 75 shot for the WIN!
Old 10-30-2006, 06:30 AM
akelemecz
I ♥ Acer

I second .. or third the ZEX wet ... a friend of mine owns a mustang performance shop ( HarrisRacingINC.com ) out here .. and of course I see tons of stangs come in wanting Nitrous .. I'd def. go wet .. and I'd run either a 75 or 100 shot on a stock block and feel really comfortbale .. I ran a 150 dry shot on my truck but at the same time .. hated the lack of tuning ability I had with it .. I've heard of a few bad experiences with NX kits from being around the shop .. The ZEX kits just seem to be the more reliable of the 2 ..

IMO though .. I'd just get a generic kit and have your local shop wire up a window switch on with a throttle response control and save yourself a few bucks ...

Rock on with the JUICE !!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 01:06 PM
gouldie1903
2nd Gear Member

dont go with a generic kit. i've heard horror stories of solenoids hainging open and blowing engines.

Quick Reply: gift certificate!