4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

what is the most hp you can get from a 2v

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 04:55 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: what is the most hp you can get from a 2v

Thanks guys.. looks like I'm sticking with the 2v..

why do you want 700-750 hp? Is there a goal you are going for (the reason i am asking)? you can go fi and get 500 or over at the crank pretty easily. But if you are talking that much, yeah, you better have serious dough. dreamer or realistic?
not a particular goal per say.. but I got the car brand new in '01 and plan on hanging on to it for a very long time and eventually (within about 2 years) just getting a new car and turning this one into a project car... I will pretty much always have the car (because of sentimental reasons) ... but didn't know if it was possible to keep the motor and still get to the hp goals that I want.. so I haven’t really put any big money into the engine yet because I wasn’t sure if I would have to switch to a 4v in the future... so it is a dream at the moment but now that I know that it is possible then I will slowly start adding things so that within the next couple of years it will be one bad *** machine.