4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Wow, SC installed...PICS!!!

Old 10-30-2006, 05:18 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Wow, SC installed...PICS!!!

The S/C looks good man... good job...... Don't think I would have blead the breaklines with just changing the rotors but hey.. when in doubt it's always better to be safe then sorry....
Old 10-30-2006, 06:15 PM
fishyducky
2nd Gear Member

if he wanted to bleed his breaks then who cares?

but yea the supercharger looks sweet! cant wait to get one for mine!
Old 10-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Well please ****ing forgive me for pointing out that he wasted his time by bleeding his brakes.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Tapeuup
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Matts00GT

Well please ****ing forgive me for pointing out that he wasted his time by bleeding his brakes.
ditto but fun watching someone give you some $hit, geeeshhh. Matt, have you read the thread about "warm up time. what a bunch of *****'s
Old 10-30-2006, 08:27 PM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

+1, good job on bleeding the brakes.

Why the hell did you add a SC?! [&:]

Just kidding. SC looks nice, please post your numbers when you get it back from tuning. I don't care if you bled your brakes, really, I don't.

How much psi? Why 30# injectors? If you plan on going to 10 or 12 psi down the road you may wish you had put 42#'ers in I think.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Anybody who does works on brakes and doesn't bother to spend 10 minutes bleeding them isn't someone I'd like working on my car.

Anyways, this post is about Mike's SC & install really, how about we all stop bashing him for his BETTER way of working on the brake system? Sounds like a great idea to me.

+1 for installing the SC yourself!

Sorry if I over looked it, when are you getting a tune?
Old 10-30-2006, 08:45 PM
handyandy
4th Gear Member

What brand SC is that
Old 10-30-2006, 08:46 PM
LX90
2nd Gear Member

Nice job there, one day I'll be able to make a post like this too. But cudos to you! Make sure you give us the dyno results when you get it back.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:36 PM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: newb2000GT

+1, good job on bleeding the brakes.

Why the hell did you add a SC?! [&:]

Just kidding. SC looks nice, please post your numbers when you get it back from tuning. I don't care if you bled your brakes, really, I don't.

How much psi? Why 30# injectors? If you plan on going to 10 or 12 psi down the road you may wish you had put 42#'ers in I think.
Yeah, I talked to my tuner today and he said get some 42# injectors. I'm stumped though...I bought the injectors from someone who was running a novi2000 on a forged block w/ a t-56. I don't know his #'s, but I'd guess he's got to be at least 500rwhp. i originally bought them because he lived near me and only wanted $100 for them. Sucks, now I'm on the hunt for some 42#ers, and got to get them quick. There are a couple of set's on e-bay I'm watching though.

Edit: Come to think of it he has gone through 3 DSS motors in the last year...maybe the inj. had a part to play in that.

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

Anybody who does works on brakes and doesn't bother to spend 10 minutes bleeding them isn't someone I'd like working on my car.

Anyways, this post is about Mike's SC & install really, how about we all stop bashing him for his BETTER way of working on the brake system? Sounds like a great idea to me.

+1 for installing the SC yourself!

Sorry if I over looked it, when are you getting a tune?
Yeah dude, the install was more difficult that I thought. At one point I was about to take it to a shop and have them finish it. For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to "lock" the tensioner into place, and I never really did figure it out. I just held it in place with a 3/8 ratchet and extention until we got the belt on.

Tapping the oil pan was a breeze. Fuel pump took some time wasn't bad, just a bitch getting the bolts out.

I kept thinking to myself how much easier that would be the 2nd time around.

The kit I got was the "vortech" part of a mongoose kit. The guy bought it, decided he didn't want it and returned the MPH part and was stuck with the tuner kit. So it doesn't even come with the "vortech suicide tune." Needless to say I started it for about 3 seconds and shut it off. It's going to the shop on 11/8/06 to get the 3.73 installed and will get tuned at the same place on 11/11.

Speed inc. is doing the gear install and Bob at Kurgan Motorsports is doing the tune. (if those mean anything to you.)
Old 10-30-2006, 09:53 PM
ROB 98GT
2nd Gear Member

good for you!! hey why not 4.10"s with a centri supercharger?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wow, SC installed...PICS!!!