4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What to do now?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 07:07 PM
ponysnake99
4th Gear Member

Default What to do now?

Alright, I'm new here, but I've had my 99 cobra for a little while, and she just saw a ditch but i pretty much cracked a rim, messed up some asthetics, bent the radiator support, dented my quarter panel (because my wheel hit the wheel tub and since that is connected to the quarter panel, dented it inward) and messed my exhaust all to pieces...and here's my questions now that i got the money to fix her:
I'm thinking bout 1 3/4 headers to compliment my P-1SC (thankfully that wasnt damaged), does that sound a little big? or would the extra exhaust from the charger even out?
Has anyone cut out their trunk floor pan? if so can i see some pics cause i want to cut mine out and replace it with sheet metal, do u think that would compromise the integrity of the unibody? Dont worry i have a roll cage from the front seats back going in now to brace everything from the shock mounts to the rear window (im cutting out that darn rear seat brace too)
Last but not least, does anyone have a good choice for carpet cleaner? I got lucky enough to ditch myself in some beautiful carolina clay...not good

Thanks for any replies too
Old 10-30-2006, 07:59 PM
01yellowgt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What to do now?

I would just get the 1 5/8th's. the 1 3/4 would be to big. Cant see you pushing that enough hp to need.

Sorry to hear your car got messed up.

no clue about if it would compromise the integrity of the unibody to to cut the floor pan out of the truck. never looked into into it.