4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Another nitrous!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 04:47 PM
II 98 GT II
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Another nitrous!

Bottle warmer is important as it keeps the bottle at optimum pressure.

If you've got nitrous questions, go to pipes, boost, and juice. Ask the same questions there, you'll get better answers with less misinformation.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:38 PM
jasper gt kid
1st Gear Member

Soo then i could safely shoot like a 75 shot on a stock motor?
Old 11-01-2006, 05:40 PM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: geetee03

dry sprays before the maf, letting the car's computer compensate for the extra oxygen.
wet sprays after the maf, the fuel is already added in with the nitrous.
No no no no no!

A wet kit and a dry kit both spray in the same location. Aside from that, yes, you are right. The MAF won't pick up the oxygen in the nitrous because it's chemically different. The O2 senors will be picking up the extra oxygen after it's already been burned... so untill these sensors see the lean condition from the nitrous, it'll be running lean, which is why I personally prefer the wet kit. I know it will run a bit rich with the wet kit till the O2 senors see it and can correct the ratio the rest of the way.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Rainyday- You dont HAVE to use a bottle warmer but, it is a good idea. It will keep the bottle pressure more consistent and thus the shot will be as well. If you spray and the bottle pressure is low, you will not get the full effect on it.

ORIGINAL: jasper gt kid

Soo then i could safely shoot like a 75 shot on a stock motor?
Yes, you can use a 75 shot on a stock motor. You will have to adjust the timing a bit but then you should be fine. I would recommend a dyno tune to get the car running at its best but that is up to you. Do the research to find out what is best and then go from there.

For those of you that dont know much about nitrous:
Wet kit- fuel and nitrous are sent through the intake manifold. You can have fuel puddle up in the intake and in the event of a backfire, blow the intake right off.
Dry kit- The nitrous is relying on the fuel injectors to supply the neccesary fuel. If the injectors are at maximum, the mixture can go lean. This causes detonation and will destroy ANY engine, forged or not.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:00 PM
GT 281
2nd Gear Member

I do not have a bottle warmer on mine but yes it is prob better to have one. I have noticed at the track that you do have a decrease in boost the more runs you have. the more you use it the colder it gets causing a decrease in pressure. Just think about it, hot air expands which will push the juice out at a higher PSI. it all works out you just have to apply the science.