4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

getting a gt in 2-3months

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 08:34 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: getting a gt in 2-3months

F*ck everyone that hates on an auto. You know how many guys who are only avg drivers and run 14.2-14.4 in their 5spd, about 80% of them. And on avg an auto runs 14.3-14.5, which is only .1 or so slower than the avg 5spd driver. Look at the guys on here with atleast a few bolt ons, they are runnin 13.6-13.8, in an auto. Some of you might be saying to get the 5spd for the fun of it, yeah that might be true, but I have plenty of fun in the auto. I myself would have got a 5spd, but the only one they had was like $5,000 more than the auto I got, and I was upside down in negative equity, so I had to settle for the auto. I love my auto, and there aint nothing wrong with it. In a 5spd you have to worry about burning out the clutch and other problems that come with a manual. I aint trying to start a war about auto tranny vs. manual tranny, but come on, everytime someone brings up automatic, everyone starts talking sh*t and saying to get a manual.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:17 PM
bardock
1st Gear Member

runs pretty tight and smooth, most of it is highway miles so i could prolly cut that in half
Old 11-06-2006, 07:22 PM
runninmike

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

F*ck everyone that hates on an auto. You know how many guys who are only avg drivers and run 14.2-14.4 in their 5spd, about 80% of them. And on avg an auto runs 14.3-14.5, which is only .1 or so slower than the avg 5spd driver. Look at the guys on here with atleast a few bolt ons, they are runnin 13.6-13.8, in an auto. Some of you might be saying to get the 5spd for the fun of it, yeah that might be true, but I have plenty of fun in the auto. I myself would have got a 5spd, but the only one they had was like $5,000 more than the auto I got, and I was upside down in negative equity, so I had to settle for the auto. I love my auto, and there aint nothing wrong with it. In a 5spd you have to worry about burning out the clutch and other problems that come with a manual. I aint trying to start a war about auto tranny vs. manual tranny, but come on, everytime someone brings up automatic, everyone starts talking sh*t and saying to get a manual.

Easy, steady on there- 01SilverGT.
I agree about autos, but don't ever think for yourself that during your life that you will be taken seriously when the 1st words out of your hole are "F*ck everyone". Lighten up on the lingo pard, and articulate properly-people will respect you.... and that's more important than getting an angry point across in a entertainment forum. Also, remember that kids read this and unfortunately learn their social skills on websites.
Best-Mike
Old 11-06-2006, 07:30 PM
SVTBill
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01SilverGT

so what are you doing?