4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

First Seafoam

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 02:09 AM
wildazme
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: First Seafoam

just follow the directions on the can and only use about a 1/3 of the can to maybe half in the vacume line.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:25 AM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wildazme

just follow the directions on the can and only use about a 1/3 of the can to maybe half in the vacume line.
Yeah, I'm going to use half a can in the vacuum, then half a can in the oil. Seafoam works to clean injectors through the gas, but it's not the best at it. I'm going to use something else for that.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:47 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

My PI motor I just put in has about 33K on it and has been sitting in a garage for the last 3 years... Should I use this stuff?

What exactly does it clean? Carbon off the valves ?

Thanks
Mike
Old 11-04-2006, 03:18 AM
wildazme
3rd Gear Member

if your going to use it in the oil i suggest changing the oil right away , once you put it in take it for about a 15min drive then change the oil out.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:25 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

I can't believe you guys use/thinking about using this ****. I'm going to come out with a product called "Something special," and market it on mustangforums.com. Since it only ****'s with 1/5 of the motors it goes in, YOU CAN'T PROVE IT RUINED IT!!! I'll be rich!!!
Old 11-04-2006, 03:45 AM
MBentz
2nd Gear Member

It's weird how on a generic Mustang forum like this, half the people are ********. The other half are composed of those who just want to learn, or are already experienced and willing to teach. Then you go onto local forums. Since there is a good chance of actually meeting these people, they tend to be a lot nicer, and not arm chair commandos. Interesting.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:56 AM
II 98 GT II
4th Gear Member

Ahh the seafoam debate...

I used the stuff once in my car and I thought it made a little bit of a difference... a little smoother revving. Plus the smokeshow was fun.

I think Mike makes a valid point though. It does seem weird that stang2000 put the stuff in, then he finds some of his piston rings toasted a day or two later.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:59 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: MBentz

It's weird how on a generic Mustang forum like this, half the people are ********. The other half are composed of those who just want to learn, or are already experienced and willing to teach. Then you go onto local forums. Since there is a good chance of actually meeting these people, they tend to be a lot nicer, and not arm chair commandos. Interesting.

+1. I can be one of the ********. People post threads like this and it really "gripes my ***." People believe everything they read. Because this **** has been around forever it "CLEANS" your engine??? No it doesn't. There's always a 2nd round of retards to believe it...

There's lots of crap floating around on this board & every other board you go on. Get info from the mass on what you want & analyze it for your self. I also go on a local forum, but there's not one person with the same setup as me. So I like to come on here where there is 5 or 6 people with my identical setup and listen to what they have to say.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:00 AM
II 98 GT II
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MBentz
I think this forum is pretty good. There's a couple people that might seem like a-holes, but often they know their stuff.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:09 AM
Lord Ryan

From what I can see on their website, this stuff is a highly refined hydrocarbon. When it combusts, it produces CO and CO2. Doesn't gasoline burn the same way?

Quick Reply: First Seafoam