4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

2v typhoon manifold

Old 11-05-2006, 02:55 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 2v typhoon manifold

I know the Talon TSi comes in FWD and AWD... Like the Eclipse. I have heard COUNTLESS people complain about the Typhoon... They said it does work after hours of smoothing it out.. lol have fun!
Old 11-05-2006, 05:13 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: David_K

THe aftermarket intake manifolds increase power through the middle. you might see a 5hp increase with the bullitt intake but youll be makeing more hp sooner which means faster acceleration. this is why a bullitt will pull on a 99 cobra
do what?

A bullitt will not pull on a 99 cobra any harder than a stock GT. I have seen more than a few stock GT's race bullitts and the cars run virtually identical.

To the original poster, I think your butt dyno is off. With your level of mods, you will be lucky to see 5-10 WHP, and you cannot notice that just by the feel of the car. Every time you install a new mod, you are expecting to see a difference, and being excited you seem to notice one. However, usually its all in your mind.

Almost everyone that has done a before/after dyno has not seen significant gains with the typhoon. The problem isn't so much that it sucks, the problem is that for the motor it is on the intake is fairly decent. There isn't that much room to improve on a stock/lightly modified car.

Sounds like for the price, and needing a new intake to replace your cracked one, you got a decent deal though. I would definatly not recommend replacing the intake on a boltons only car for peformance gains, but if you have to replace the intake the tyhpoon should be ok.

sorry buddy 5.0 magazine did a test and yes the bullitt is faster than the cobra.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Darkcrime
4th Gear Member

THe aftermarket intake manifolds increase power through the middle. you might see a 5hp increase with the bullitt intake but youll be makeing more hp sooner which means faster acceleration. this is why a bullitt will pull on a 99 cobra
do what?

A bullitt will not pull on a 99 cobra any harder than a stock GT. I have seen more than a few stock GT's race bullitts and the cars run virtually identical.

To the original poster, I think your butt dyno is off. With your level of mods, you will be lucky to see 5-10 WHP, and you cannot notice that just by the feel of the car. Every time you install a new mod, you are expecting to see a difference, and being excited you seem to notice one. However, usually its all in your mind.

Almost everyone that has done a before/after dyno has not seen significant gains with the typhoon. The problem isn't so much that it sucks, the problem is that for the motor it is on the intake is fairly decent. There isn't that much room to improve on a stock/lightly modified car.

Sounds like for the price, and needing a new intake to replace your cracked one, you got a decent deal though. I would definatly not recommend replacing the intake on a boltons only car for peformance gains, but if you have to replace the intake the tyhpoon should be ok.

sorry buddy 5.0 magazine did a test and yes the bullitt is faster than the cobra.
I don't know about you, but I certainly don't believe everything I read. If that's true, than I guess that Typhoon intakes gives 25hp cause that's what I read.

Both the bullitt and cobra are great cars. I would rather have a cobra myself.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:46 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

i think 5.0 is a pretty trustworthy publication
Old 11-05-2006, 08:23 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

do what?

well if they said so it must be true!

Numerous people have done bullit intake swaps and gained NOTHING on nearly stock (boltons only) car. The intake is the only real difference on the car, and I have seen too many dyno sheets of the two car making virtually the same power.

MM&FF even did a bullit intake swap on a car with quite few mods (boltons, LTs, cams etc) and gained virtually nothing. According to them, the swap is only worthwhile on a supercharged setup, where you can port the intake and pick up some decent numbers (20+).

A bullitt and regular GT is a drivers race. Hell, there simply isn't enough difference in the two cars to even argue about it. If your in a bullitt outrunning GT, its because your outdriving them.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:29 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

A bullitt and regular GT prolly would come down to how much gas is in the tank....and how much each driver wieghs.....

A bullitt and regular GT is a drivers race. Hell, there simply isn't enough difference in the two cars to even argue about it. If your in a bullitt outrunning GT, its because your outdriving them.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:54 PM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

rallyxs81 Date 11/5/2006 12:54:45 PM
the typhoon only made like 5hp more overall. In the mid range though it made 22hp more. Thats where it really counts!!
well thats where i feel the difference....in the midrange....95% of the time I'm not flooring it...hell, with my automatic, I dont know if I ever got it past 5000-5500 rpms.....just cuz by then i get nervous, doing 125+.... I mean for daily driving, more power in the midrange is what I can feel the most...

plus like I said, I needed a new intake and it fit my budget....

has anyone else here put it on their stang?
Old 11-06-2006, 12:07 AM
kendiesel
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT03 TJS

rallyxs81 Date 11/5/2006 12:54:45 PM
the typhoon only made like 5hp more overall. In the mid range though it made 22hp more. Thats where it really counts!!
well thats where i feel the difference....in the midrange....95% of the time I'm not flooring it...hell, with my automatic, I dont know if I ever got it past 5000-5500 rpms.....just cuz by then i get nervous, doing 125+.... I mean for daily driving, more power in the midrange is what I can feel the most...

plus like I said, I needed a new intake and it fit my budget....

has anyone else here put it on their stang?
I waiting to put mine in. As of rite now thier porting it to match my heads, then I'll take it to get tuned and let u know how much hp i gained. I just hate seeing plastic on a motor. Thats why i got the typhoon.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:13 AM
kendiesel
2nd Gear Member

Here's a link for test on the intake.

http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.co...Typhoon4-6.jpg
Old 11-06-2006, 12:41 AM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

hey where are you sending it out to be ported? I see youre from NJ, and I'm from CT which aint too far away, but I dont know of any places around here that do that sort of work.

what kind of gains are you hoping for after you port it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2v typhoon manifold