4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Quick poll: 02 GT vert or 01 Bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 06:57 PM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Quick poll: 02 GT vert or 01 Bullitt

ORIGINAL: akelemecz

ok ... you're acting like a bullitt is some rare collectors car that everyone is dying to have .. simple fact is .. there is not a d a m n thing special about that car ... and you line up a vert next to a couple ... 9 times out of 10 ..people will pick the vert over the coupe on looks alone ... you want to say a coupe is faster than a vert.. go ahead.. but your shift error will make up for that extra couple of pounds a vert has ; )

If you want a hot *** ride that will get peoples attention all over the place.. get a vert.. coupes are just so ordinary ..
Maybe you and your friends love verts, but me and my friends despise them and I know lots of others who hate verts aswell. I actually have a friend who wanted an S2000 really bad for the handling and bc he likes imports, but he wouldn't buy one because its only offered in a vert. Not everyone thinks verts are super cool looking and sexy. You're throwing your personal opinions on the subject around like 99.99% of the entire world feels the same as you, lol.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Stang9946
4th Gear Member

bullit
Old 11-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Str33tGunner28
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: akelemecz

Yall are insane... a 99-04 gt vert is the hottest stang you can get .. how can you compare a vert with a coupe .. you can't ..
+1 VERTTTTT
Old 11-07-2006, 07:05 PM
runninmike

ORIGINAL: crulee

I'll keep it short...been looking for a stang for a while and narrowed it down to 2. Same price same mileage. Both similar in condition.

01 Bullitt or 02 GT vert ?

what do you guys think ?
Well, do you like a coupe or convertible? Only you can choose. I chose convertible. They're so nice to have on a clear cool day or night. Nothing like it. A coupe is cool though, a little bigger back seat, a little lighter overall weight and safer in a rollover if you don't have a rollbar or similar. A Bullit is kind of cool, a little different, 6 more hp, diff badge. Good luck.
Best-MC
Old 11-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

Convertibles are nice but only if you have a house with a garage. If you don't any ******* can just cut your **** up.

Back when I had the Vert GST some ******* cut my **** up[:@]
Old 11-07-2006, 07:11 PM
uofipilot
3rd Gear Member

Verts are for girls. (JK) Bullit for sure (not JK).

Matt
Old 11-07-2006, 07:26 PM
akelemecz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Black_GT_02

I'd go coupe
1)safety issue
2)theft
3)You are going to have the top up most of the year anyways
4)coupes are lighter
5)you can't go wrong with a bullitt...already has the billet alum. and dropped 3/4"
6)I personally think sound is better in coupes. You have subs in the front AND back. verts only have in the front(but they are bigger than the coupe fronts)
7) My cousin has a '99 GT vert and it already has a few leaks in the top...weatherstrip...but still.

Haha .. ok Noob ...

1. If you wreck in a mustang .. and its bad enough .. coupe or vert.. you're probably gonna die ..

2. If someone wants your car.. coupe or vert .. they will get it .. and Cut tops ... covered under insurance...

3. I've been to canada .. and unless you live up in the frozen tundra .. places like toronto actually have decent weather for cruisin around the whole summer...

4. Coupes are lighter ... saying faster... and thats only a stock comparison and not even a big enough difference to thwart a decision towards coupe.

5. there is nothing special about a bullitt .. excpet .. well .. NOTHING ..

6. Haha .. sound .. obviously has never ridden in a mustang when the main sound is the EXHAUST .. and they aren't front and rear subs .. they are mid range drivers .. and tweeters..

7. I own a vert and my brother a coupe .. so its not like im sitting here talking out of my *** !!!!

Most people who chose a coupe .. really would like a vert... I chose an 04 sonic blue gt vert over an 03 sonic blue cobra coupe both had 19,000 miles on them .. you can ask any vert owner.. or anyone who has riden in a sick as vert... cruisin around .. top down .. you just can't top that feeling .. esp if theres a blower tucked under that hood .. man .. If it wasn't raining ... haha
Old 11-07-2006, 07:30 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

BULLIT
Old 11-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Black_GT_02
4th Gear Member

[/quote]

Haha .. ok Noob ...

1. If you wreck in a mustang .. and its bad enough .. coupe or vert.. you're probably gonna die ..

2. If someone wants your car.. coupe or vert .. they will get it .. and Cut tops ... covered under insurance...

3. I've been to canada .. and unless you live up in the frozen tundra .. places like toronto actually have decent weather for cruisin around the whole summer...

4. Coupes are lighter ... saying faster... and thats only a stock comparison and not even a big enough difference to thwart a decision towards coupe.

5. there is nothing special about a bullitt .. excpet .. well .. NOTHING ..

6. Haha .. sound .. obviously has never ridden in a mustang when the main sound is the EXHAUST .. and they aren't front and rear subs .. they are mid range drivers .. and tweeters..

7. I own a vert and my brother a coupe .. so its not like im sitting here talking out of my *** !!!!

Most people who chose a coupe .. really would like a vert... I chose an 04 sonic blue gt vert over an 03 sonic blue cobra coupe both had 19,000 miles on them .. you can ask any vert owner.. or anyone who has riden in a sick as vert... cruisin around .. top down .. you just can't top that feeling .. esp if theres a blower tucked under that hood .. man .. If it wasn't raining ... haha
[/quote]

1) You are making a big assumption. Common sense says that if you have a hard top...it is safer.
2)If i were a thief...i'd choose a vert vs. a coupe....its a lot quieter to rip a top vs. break a window. (unless they unlock it or whatnot)
3)I live in northern ohio. My cousin has a vert. The top has ben up since mid october and out in the spring. It rains a lot in the spring. Point proven
4)Its a simple fact. 35 pounds may not seem like a lot..and i dont' know if the guy wants to race...
5)The only things special about the bullitt are what i wrote. I never said it had a huge advantage over anything else
6)The point i was proving was that the distribution is different. Dont kill more for not knowing something. but if you get a kick off of that..then go ahead
7)I was contemplating a vert...but got a coupe..and don't regret it at all.

Yes, the feeling of the top down on a nice day is priceless...let him outweigh the pro's and con's.

good day

Old 11-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

Wow akelemecz you're an idiot if you really chose a Vert GT over a 03 Cobra[&:]

Quick Reply: Quick poll: 02 GT vert or 01 Bullitt