4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

H&R springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

Default H&R springs

For those of you who have H&R springs...where did you get them? Best price? Do you think that they settle at any more that the advertised drop of 1.5"?
Thanks
~Garrett
Old 11-07-2006, 07:49 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Default RE: H&R springs

I got mine at tirerack, it was the cheapest i could find and i looked around quite a bit, plus tire rack is awesome with customer service and shipping. If you want more drop than 1.5" get the SuperSports (1.75/1.6" drop), i LOVE mine!
Old 11-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OnyxCobra

I got mine at tirerack, it was the cheapest i could find and i looked around quite a bit, plus tire rack is awesome with customer service and shipping. If you want more drop than 1.5" get the SuperSports (1.75/1.6" drop), i LOVE mine!
i have sportlines right now but i cant get into my garage without scraping so i was thinking about going with the sports
Old 11-07-2006, 08:17 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

oh i see, well either will look good. i think the sports are a 1.6/1.5" drop. Everything ive heard from people say they usually scrape with the Sportlines but not with the H&R SS's. but if u want it higher the sports would look good too.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:19 PM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OnyxCobra

oh i see, well either will look good. i think the sports are a 1.6/1.5" drop. Everything ive heard from people say they usually scrape with the Sportlines but not with the H&R SS's. but if u want it higher the sports would look good too.
really? well maybe ill go that route...i jsut cant even get into my damn garage w/o scraping...im going to have a hole in my prochamber soon[:@] i really dont want to ruin the look of the car by putting like a prokit on or something because the saleen kit with the drop is BADA$$
Old 11-07-2006, 08:30 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Yeah i understand what you're saying. So its your prochamber thats scraping... the difference is the H&Rs hold the rear of the car up higher than the sportlines, .4" higher, not to mention the front is higher also, but it looks similar. I cant say though b/c ive never had sportlines, its just what ive heard. How much does it not clear by? If you need a little extra height you could try some polyurethane spring isolators front and rear, if you're barely clearing that might give you enough clearance.

Also, when you tightened down your prochamber, did you jack up under the thing first before tightening it or did you just put it up and tighten it down? If you jack it up first it gives you a lot more ground clearance, just a thought.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

1. ya im just scraping by a little going into the garage but in tother places with like 2 ppl in the car it scrapes bad on the speedbumps

2 no i didnt try jackin it up before tightening but i still scraped in some places before i put the prochamber on so i think ill go with the SSs
Old 11-07-2006, 10:36 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

ok well id measure, u dont wanna buy springs again just to find out they're still too low.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:42 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

uh yeah there is a pretty dramatic difference in both springs.. i have been debating the matter for like 4 months now. its crazy.. im torn between the two even tho the sportline drop is like PERFECT??? how is the performance and output of the sportlines?? do they bogg your launches or what-- are they better launching then stock?

the h&r's supersport drop is nice, just not enough for me, yet the springs are really good with launching from what i hear??

lastly, your sportlines-- hows the ride quality when just cruising??
Old 11-08-2006, 12:33 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

i think the H&R SS is a better drop than the Sportlines. To me the sportlines make the back look too low, I think stangs need slightly more drop in the front. I dont have any personal experience with the Sportlines but from everything ive heard im going to say the H&Rs are way better springs. I've heard the sportlines have stock spring rates, which isnt the best when your car is lowered 2". I've also heard Sportlines are bouncy, etc. I was parked next to an SN95 with sportlines and the front was almost identical height.

Quick Reply: H&R springs