4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Stangmods.com HID kits & HID aiming

Old 11-07-2006, 08:21 PM
cdottrot

Default Stangmods.com HID kits & HID aiming

This is a crosspost, as nobody in A/V commented on it:

I've been corresponding with Matt from Stangmods.com (who has been very quick to respond and very helpful I might add!), and he has informed me that they use Xenon bulbs and Phillips ballasts. From the previous HID posts I've been searching through, the Phillips kit is recommended. When they say 'kit', do they mean Phillips bulbs AND ballast? Or just the Phillips ballast? Are the Xenon bulbs recommended? I'd be looking to get the foglight kit as well as the headlight kit in 4300K colour.

Also, has anyone had issues with aiming the headlights so they aren't blinding to oncoming drivers? Matt also informed me about their deal on the projector headlamps w. HID kit: the HIDs do not fit in the projector part, meaning the whole argument about projectors fixing the beam spread issue is null and void. Anybody with HIDs to comment on this? Are the stock headlamps okay as long as you aim them down? I'd really like to have HID, but not at the expense of other people's vision.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:24 PM
akelemecz
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Stangmods.com HID kits & HID aiming

Just use your stock lamps and if they are aimed right with your stock headlights ... they will be fine with the HIDs .. I know I have 9500K some chinese brand ( Red Sun Maybe)HID's I got off ebay.. and they are freakin sick ... my buddy as the same kind in 12000K .. we both just put them and and didn't adjust anything and they are sick .. just go wtih it .. they'll be fine !
Old 11-07-2006, 08:49 PM
cdottrot

I probably will just get some anyways, but more opinions can't hurt. I've driven a car with HID, and dang does it make an enormous difference.

How did you secure your ballasts? Anybody that has done the foglight HID conversion, how hard was the install?
Old 11-07-2006, 09:23 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

I have a few friends who have installed hid kits in the stock housings and no matter how you adjust them they give alot of glare to oncoming traffic. I have been thinking of getting some for the fog light location so i can still pass inspection and turn them on and off as needed.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:35 PM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

I just installed the 10000K fog lights last week and my headlights came in today. I also got my kit from Stangmods(who in fact were very helpful). As far as the aiming goes, the majority of the light is going to be aimed however the headlamps are set up. The HIDs just give off so much more light that it looks like they are going to blind oncomers. But trust me, turn on the lights then get down in front of the car, and youll see that they are in fact aimed correctly...hope this helps
Old 11-07-2006, 09:36 PM
cdottrot

What cars do your friends have? ie what year Mustang

That sort of glare is exactly what I want to avoid.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:39 PM
cdottrot

03greyGT: I'm sure they are aimed correctly, but if they're still blinding oncoming traffic, then they're no good. However, that being said, my dad has them on his car and for the first few years he got the headlight-flicking from a lot of oncoming traffic. I guess people will just have to deal! (not really...being blind at night in a car doing 100kmh is scary)
Old 11-07-2006, 09:41 PM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

Well mine are goin in within the next couple days so Ill be able to tell ya then. So far I havent goten anything as far as complaints from people. I know there just the fogs but theyre still bright as hell. I love driving at night now...
Old 11-07-2006, 09:47 PM
cdottrot

I'd love some pictures once you get them in, of the installation as well as what they look like. Could you do a before/after shot? I'm in the process of picking up an '04 GT vert, so install&before/after pictures would help me out a lot!
Old 11-07-2006, 09:51 PM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

my 12k HIDS are sweet !!!! - man they really get attention in the evening - people flash brights at me sometimes bc theyre idiots - hids are just bright as hell - but they will get over it - the only down side is that you loose your highbeams and the high beam indicator is always on .. but its really no big at I wouldnt have anything but HIDs now

dont pay more than 250.00 for them!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stangmods.com HID kits & HID aiming