4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: is it possible?

It'll be $5k+ to get that thing in there without a rebuilt and it'll be the biggest waste of your time.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:10 PM
trance565
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JD1969

ORIGINAL: trance565

okay, so my friend's dad owns a scrap metal shop up in north houston, and recently a dude gave him a chevy 454, which im hoping is from a 70 chevelle SS.

my question is, would it be possible to fit it in the stang(or camaro, it's not decided exactly waht im getting yet)? and use the stock tranny and all that whatnot?
Even I think this is a bad/dumb idea. By the time you rebuild the 454 and get a trans that will work and do all the fab work, you might as well have bought a superchager and made more power with better drivibilty.
what do you mean, better drivability? my buddy has a s/c on his, and he gets 10mpg .... and i doubt you would get nearly as much torque out of a supercharged 4.6
Old 11-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Tell your buddy to keep it out of the boost 24/7 and he won't get 10mpg.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:23 PM
Kadence
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

Tell your buddy to keep it out of the boost 24/7 and he won't get 10mpg.

I cant help it plus 42# injectors dont help either
Old 11-09-2006, 10:28 PM
bleau
2nd Gear Member

okay, so my friend's dad owns a scrap metal shop up in north houston, and recently a dude gave him a chevy 454, which im hoping is from a 70 chevelle SS.

my question is, would it be possible to fit it in the stang(or camaro, it's not decided exactly waht im getting yet)? and use the stock tranny and all that whatnot?
Is it a complete engine or just the block?
If it looks good I would try to sell it for something.
If its just the block leave it alone.
I would not try to put it in a mustang.
Big blocks = lots of money to rebuild
It would be pretty cool. But way too much cash..
Old 11-09-2006, 10:33 PM
trance565
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bleau

complete motor, block, heads, intake, carb, EVERYTHING, i was thinking, get new heads for like 2k, and give everything else a nice little acid bath ^^, but like i said, i might be getting an f body, so it's not official on what im getting, but if i get teh stang, lol, i just wanna try.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:35 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Even I think this is a bad/dumb idea. By the time you rebuild the 454 and get a trans that will work and do all the fab work, you might as well have bought a superchager and made more power with better drivibilty.
what do you mean, better drivability? my buddy has a s/c on his, and he gets 10mpg .... and i doubt you would get nearly as much torque out of a supercharged 4.6
So because your "buddy" either can't keep his foot of the gas, has a bad tune or whatever means that every Stang with a blower will get 10mpg. Man I wish people would quite using the "my buddy has/runs/can beat/ xxxxx so thats what alll cars like it will do".
Old 11-09-2006, 10:36 PM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

im not sure about this but i do know u would have to change the transmission for sure.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:39 PM
bleau
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bleau

complete motor, block, heads, intake, carb, EVERYTHING, i was thinking, get new heads for like 2k, and give everything else a nice little acid bath ^^, but like i said, i might be getting an f body, so it's not official on what im getting, but if i get teh stang, lol, i just wanna try.
Whatever you decide to do Have fun man.
And please keep us posted, that would be cool to see.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Kadence
3rd Gear Member

So because your "buddy" either can't keep his foot of the gas, has a bad tune or whatever means that every Stang with a blower will get 10mpg. Man I wish people would quite using the "my buddy has/runs/can beat/ xxxxx so thats what alll cars like it will do".
Im his buddy, and i barley ever get on the gas,i get 13mpg city, anyways he always has crazy ideas so just ignore him