4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Functional roll bar - anyone? (link within)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 02:30 PM
ponysnake99
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Functional roll bar - anyone? (link within)

I personally wouldnt get it, because ERW isnt allowed in most racing sanctions for vehicles over 3000 lbs (it is their job to provide safe racing conditions), so personally it would worry me in case of a roll over, maybe find a DOM cage would be better...my $.02
Old 11-10-2006, 04:00 PM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

if you really want to go alll out for racing than you need a custom fabbed cage in the there anyway.... a skilled shop could make you a cage w/a roll bar appearance to it also - that would look the best and be the most functional - however that is a hardcore way to go bc in a daily driver all that plumbing would get annoying
Old 11-10-2006, 04:13 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/for...ight=roll+cage
Old 11-10-2006, 04:15 PM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

i'd take my chances with a nice looking roll bar.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:16 PM
millertime01

im not sure what the big sh$t is bout the roll bar, i think if u pull up with one it is the biggist intimidation factor u could ever have in a car.i am putting one in my car and maximum motorsports is where im getting mine, there nice s hell.There's my 2 cents!
Old 11-10-2006, 04:50 PM
d3mon
3rd Gear Member

sweet Jebus, that thing looks awesome.... until i saw that roll bar-light bar combination, is just ugly.....

i though that if you are doing 10's you needed a cage not just a roll bar, imo that rool bar looks ugly,

ORIGINAL: cdottrot

Thanks for the reply GT_Bob. No, I won't be racing period, just daily driving. I've never really driven a convertible for more than 10 minutes, and never with the top down. This car is a LOT faster than my current one, so I'd like to be as safe as possible in the unlikely event of an accident. With the plus side of having a good-looking functional roll bar.
Dude i had verts since i was allowed to have a car, a 95 v6 stang, a 97 eclipse gs't spyder and a 2k stang gt, believe me that "extra" weight verts have is there for a reason. is very difucult to roll them over, not imposible. but if i was you i would get better sub-frame conectors, some suspension mods, wider tires and a light bar. i have better subframe conectors, the supension is on hold till i get money and the wider tires help i've taken pretty sharp turns with my car and the only thing it happened is that i spun on wet pevement (f***ing sprinklers), my 2 cents form an experineced vert guy
Old 11-10-2006, 05:42 PM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

thats ugly too... but if you could make it where it bolts on and off... then your talkin!
Old 11-10-2006, 05:45 PM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: millertime01

im not sure what the big sh$t is bout the roll bar, i think if u pull up with one it is the biggist intimidation factor u could ever have in a car.i am putting one in my car and maximum motorsports is where im getting mine, there nice s hell.There's my 2 cents!
I assume your talking about the functional roll bar so here is why... they are ugly as **** and people will laugh at you
Old 11-10-2006, 06:05 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

yea i think the look like ***t in a conv. and my uncle almost had my dad convinced to put a roll bar in mine and i told them that they could do it over my dead body
Old 11-10-2006, 07:47 PM
cdottrot

Thanks for the input everybody. I got this from the sales rep:

Chris,

Shipping would be approximately $200-$250. Taxes and customs fees not included.

I have heard of people polishing and clear coating, but I have not seen the results. The bar can be powder coated. If either of these finishing methods is required, I would suggest that you order the bar unpainted and then have it done after you do an initial installation to prevent scratching.

The bar will be as tall as possible and still allow the roof to operate. Yes, it will most likely impede rear vision.

Yes, the bar is guaranteed to fit the application. We do not guarantee that you will like the fit as that is an aesthetic value.

Yes, this is a true roll over protection. However, there will always be an accident that will exceed your safety equipment.

We do not have any way of making a deal on shipping as we do not handle any money for the shipment. However, usually, shipping is cheaper for sending two bars at once to the same address.

Please allow for 3 to 4 weeks manufacturing time, plus shipping. Your order will ship 'Truck Freight Collect', payable on delivery. Painted bars will have some nicks and scratches; unpainted bars are not guaranteed not to be painted. All roll bars and cages are special order, non returnable items.

The blocked rear view is a deal killer for me. I wonder if anybody does hoops, like the ones that go behind each seat. I'm pretty sure that either way, it'll be an obstruction. I'll look into getting a local shop do it in the spring perhaps.

Thanks for the input!

Quick Reply: Functional roll bar - anyone? (link within)