4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Please thank a Veteran for the Freedom we enjoy

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 12:32 PM
4ZZS
2nd Gear Member

Default Please thank a Veteran for the Freedom we enjoy

Thank you to all Old and Young Veterans alike!

About 12 years ago, as a Boy Scout leader, I was in a Veteran's Day Parade in with my two sons. While marching down Main Street I was hoping for something to help these young boys understand the importance of the day and what they were part of.

Then I saw it. An image that remains etched in my brain forever:

Along the curb, between the activity of all the kids, parents and grandparents watching the parade, stood two Veterans (in Uniform, at attention, saluting the flag we were carrying). Their uniforms, while not fitting as well as they once did, were likely vintage WWII and Vietnam.

I could only imagine the memories that were running through their minds at that time.

Oh, my kingdom for a camera, but as I said, I will never forget that image.

A humble "Thank You".
Old 11-11-2006, 12:35 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Please thank a Veteran for the Freedom we enjoy

We Veterans thank you for your continued support. Keep us in the game with your prayers. A good part of our motivation comes from the supporters like you! Thank you!
Old 11-11-2006, 01:15 PM
bleau
2nd Gear Member

Yes thanks to all vetrans that have given all of us the life we enjoy everyday.
And a special thanks to all the guys in right now.
With all the stuff going on here everyone worring about gas prices and the enconmy and such.
Its you that are towing the line keeping your eye on the ball.
I salute you and have so much respect for you.
Keep up the great work!!! and god bless.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:07 PM
MarineNCOIC
2nd Gear Member

thanks for all the support.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

Yes we all owe a debt of gratitude to our veterans.
Thank you all very much for your service to our country.My prayers go to you and yours every day.
I don't want to leave out our Police Officers either.They may or may not be military veterans but if it wasn't for them the country would quickly decend into anarchy.The same cop who writes you a ticket for window tint could be the same one who went into a dark building the night before looking for an armed robbery suspect.
Again,Thanks to all who have made my life and the lives of the other citizens of this great nation better.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Old 11-11-2006, 04:34 PM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

i just finished a fund raiser in the rain for our D.A.V here in roane co.tn a few things can be said
1 haveing folks say thanks is thanks enough

2 the men and woman (boys and girls are in the scuots,4 h,etc men and woman serve) serving to-day are among the best and finest our nation has ever had in uniform

3 those people that ingnored our fund raising efforts YOU ARE IGNORANT but you are still welcome to enjoy the freedoms that our country(not our government) has made it possible for you to enjoy

i am a proud vet of the veit nam war
Old 11-11-2006, 04:40 PM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4ZZS

Thank you to all Old and Young Veterans alike!

About 12 years ago, as a Boy Scout leader, I was in a Veteran's Day Parade in with my two sons. While marching down Main Street I was hoping for something to help these young boys understand the importance of the day and what they were part of.

Then I saw it. An image that remains etched in my brain forever:

Along the curb, between the activity of all the kids, parents and grandparents watching the parade, stood two Veterans (in Uniform, at attention, saluting the flag we were carrying). Their uniforms, while not fitting as well as they once did, were likely vintage WWII and Vietnam.

I could only imagine the memories that were running through their minds at that time.

Oh, my kingdom for a camera, but as I said, I will never forget that image.

A humble "Thank You".
Man, I couldn't of said it any better myself. You have a tremendous skill with using words.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:12 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

We in the service right now appreciate all of your support and is the reason we fight for the freedom of this great country. I think veterans day is more for those who gave their lives to make sure every American can live without fear.

If I spelled anything wrong its cause im uneducated and stupid (F*cking Kerry)
Old 11-12-2006, 02:12 AM
4ZZS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oxfordgt
I think veterans day is more for those who gave their lives to make sure every American can live without fear.
"Memorial Day" is mostly for remembering those who gave their lives.

"Veteran's Day" should be a celebration of the dedication of ALL who have put on a uniform in any fashion to help preserve the freedoms we so often take for granted. If you have a brother, sister, father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or cousin who served in any of the armed forces, today would not be complete without you having said a simple, "Thank you" to at least one of them!

And if you didn't do it today, please do it tomorrow. You may not be able to imagine how wonderful those two words can sound to those who receive them.

[IMG]local://upfiles/16306/8181D150A7394A52A609B686CECCD53C.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-12-2006, 03:01 AM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Veterans...WAY TO KILL THOSE UGLY ****IN SUICIDE-BOMBING *****. Yall are somethin else. Something happened a couple weeks ago that made me feel pretty pride-filled.

I was at the Golden Corral (buffet place) and they announce b-days over the intercom and stuff well this lady announced a fellow member of the military returning from Iraq and everyon just began to clap...its crazy how that **** brings everyone together.

Also, 2 days ago we had an assembly at school where 2 military guys came to talk to us and there were 3 other vets there but were family members of a student and so they announced them and the others just got done with their speeches and everyone stood up and clapped for like 3 minutes literally. Amazing stuff.

Keep it up...that sounds generic...but its like a "You rock, never change!" written in a yearbook. Yall are always welcome to my house for some of my Gourmet Swiss Miss hot cocoa!