4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Endless threads, about rims.. Will it ever stop??

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 03:31 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Endless threads, about rims.. Will it ever stop??

Hi all,

I looked through the rims and tire section, and I think I know why no one uses it. No one answers . There are some threads with a few responses but mostly 1s and zeros.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:38 PM
II 98 GT II
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SOHCtimes2
Why the **** do people care so much about this? If it wasn't for these threads there would be NOTHING to read on the forums anyway.
+1

With the logic that this thread suggests, we'd have a bunch of stickies and no ability to post new threads. That would totally defeat the purpose of a forum. Its just something that you all are going to have to deal with. New members join all the time. They don't always take the time to read the stickies and search for other people's threads. New members are what keeps the forums alive. They contribute to the site's popularity and help with advertising.

If there are two threads about gears on a given day, the world doesn't end. You don't have to click on both of them. Hell, you don't have to click on either of them.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:20 PM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Whats with the endless threads complaining about the endless threads?

Old 11-14-2006, 04:21 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

I created a big thread on exhaust soundclips for our section... which is now a sticky under the tech and how to's. Most of the newbs don't even see that until they've been here awhile. So if someone comes in and asks, "How would this sound?" I just give them the link and let them check it out. If you do create a thread, and see that someone asks the question anyways... just refer it to them, they'll catch on eventually.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:24 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

The only thing about rims is... that every car looks a bit differen't. Some cars a set of DD bullitts might look ok, on another car not...
Old 11-14-2006, 04:33 PM
joeybutts
4th Gear Member

personally i enjoy the common questions because it allows me to help and give opinions on certain topics. It feels good to enlighten people to your own opinion and/or knowledge on a certain topic, or be able to maybe inform them of somehting they never thought of! maybe that is why i am a teacher....
Old 11-14-2006, 06:44 PM
wisk
4th Gear Member

try promoting that great feature called SEARCH
instead of whining and pointing fingers at who should compile what list of repetative crap, suggest the search feature more often

in fact you should be so lucky to even have that all the time, i frequent PBNation often, and in order to search there its like the moon and planet saturn have to be aligned a certain way.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:06 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

i understand the argument, but sometimes you need to just scroll past the post that you dont like, because no offense but i see a post about once a day about complaining about the unwanted threads......if you dont like it dont read it
Old 11-14-2006, 07:35 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

I understand people post alot about rims, but thats what this place is for. Not alot of people have seen every rim on every color mustang before. They need a place to start and everyone wants their car to look good. Just be helpful and understand we all had the same questions to start off.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:14 PM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03sonicgt

I understand people post alot about rims, but thats what this place is for. Not alot of people have seen every rim on every color mustang before. They need a place to start and everyone wants their car to look good. Just be helpful and understand we all had the same questions to start off.
+145354365 its a FORUM, if you dont want to read it use the mouse, scroll pad or weapon of your choice and move to the next thread.

Quick Reply: Endless threads, about rims.. Will it ever stop??