4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

RICE?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 09:24 AM
DTK
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: RICE?

To me the whole lambo door thing is getting way too overdone. You see 'em on Civics and Cobalts and now something that used to be unique and a kind of novelty is now mass marketed in a bad way and to me it has moved into the RICE category.

If you could get a Gull Wing door kit like the Mercedes then that might be cool.

My .02
Old 11-17-2006, 10:46 AM
leglocking101
2nd Gear Member

I think Im gonna get the lanbo doors, some projector headlight, euro tail lights, a huge rear spoiler, maybe some neon lights underneath. I dont know whatto do next after that. Any ideas. lol just kidding
Old 11-17-2006, 11:35 AM
jacrockett
3rd Gear Member

Dont forget to install the BLUE flames out the tailpipe kit... it makes your car much faster than the PINK flame kit.

And you need an Xbox in your trunk.

But most importantly...... a huge "Powered By Ford" sticker on your rear quater-panel... that mod is good for an extra 25rwhp according to some article I found on the internet
Old 11-17-2006, 11:58 AM
onegreedy
2nd Gear Member

Seriously there are pro's and cons's to vertical doors,

i was thinking about them when i was in cali becuse the parking is so close together, with the long mustang door, it would be easier to get in and out and less chance of your door hitting something.

also the doors usually open regularly with a good vert door set up so, for me it was just becuse of space, now that i am in Alabama, i wouldn't consider it.

the negative is .

usually you need to remove upper bolt for fender,
if poor quality you can damage door and possibly fender
poor alignment of door
and of course people will say its rice becuse it takes away from the muscle car theme

to me there are 3 kinds of mods

cosmetic
performance,
Convenience

if you go with #1 only, or bad taste, then your a ricer
if you go with #1 moderatly and #2 full on you will be happy
#3 is to each is their own

Old 11-17-2006, 01:03 PM
leglocking101
2nd Gear Member

what is i got a blue flame out one tail pipe and a red one out the other. and as far as the xbox in the trunck your not truly pimpin unless its a PS3 in that mo fuka
Old 11-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Adams_02GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shadowfoxx

ORIGINAL: art02gt

Yeah, I wasn't sure if they were considered rice but i think they look totally pimp!!! But after reading your guys' posts I'm not too sure anymore. Who knows maybe i'm just a ricer.

Dude.. if you like them then just get them... the more time you spend in this forum the more you will realize that everybody just follows the leader.. one or two guys will say that they like a particular thing and that everything else is rice then everybody just jumps on the bandwagon...I personally like them on the new edge body style but only in that body style.. If you want to be original and like them then do it.. if you don't like it or just want to follow the leader like most people seem to do on this forum then don't... it's your car so either way just make sure that it's something you are prowd to be driving in.
Basicly f*ck authority dude. I mean Im sure that this guy is the most orginal man on the planet. If being orginal means doing something that is retarded and fugly to your car, or for anything in that manner....than do it. You posted wanting opinions. Mine is that Lambo doors are ment for Lambos. IMO they look like ****. But hey if you think they look "pimp" go for it. Your money.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:11 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: art02gt

Yeah, I wasn't sure if they were considered rice but i think they look totally pimp!!! But after reading your guys' posts I'm not too sure anymore. Who knows maybe i'm just a ricer.
if that is what you think, then you should do it. If any idiot thinks anything looks "totally pimp" then you should be stupid enough to do it. Get the doors, then carry a .25 in your car then you can be a thug too. [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif] Go for gold genius.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:25 PM
jacrockett
3rd Gear Member

If you don't want to look drive a hot rod you should get a Honda... anctually those doors on a NSX would'nt be so out-of-place.

Before you do the doors, here's a mod you should consider (I apologize for re-posting):

[IMG]local://upfiles/12498/043248BF3BD24657A4D7BD1FF407F4EF.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-17-2006, 01:32 PM
fast25

It goes with the theme of the car. On a stock GT it is not good, on a stock Saleen they look alright, on a custom car they might fit the theme.

By the way, all those people that say it is rice are GAY. A lot of gay people in here. Gay moderators, gay administrators, gay users. Fvcking gay mustang forums, lol.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Kadence
3rd Gear Member

[sm=icon_beat.gif]

Quick Reply: RICE?