4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My drive today is well ..........

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 10:21 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Default RE: My drive today is well ..........

So you are liking the CXracing intercooler? Thats good to hear as i'll probably be getting one soon
Old 11-19-2006, 10:27 PM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

oh ok nevermind..im sorry..i thought there was more going on with ur car. im sorry once again..well have fun with ur car! =P
Old 11-19-2006, 10:35 PM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

This car is not ALWAYS in the shop. He blew his motor because (I think) of the "seafoam" crap.

Where do you have your car dynoi'd???

I went with Bob Kurgan. Ever heard of him??? I think he's out of rockford...I'm not sure. But he also does tuning at a shop about 20 miles outside of Chicago.

I did plenty of research on this guy. He is really good. Your taking your car to the point where it's not an "idiots" tune anymore...

Bob is awesome. He's got an 86 GT taht does the QM in 8.5. He's really good...

I'm not trying to suck his/your dick on this. But the guy knows what he's doing. He's a "mustang" guy & a great one at that...

Where did the stang "peak" on HP on the previous tune???

Old 11-19-2006, 10:36 PM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97GT19

oh ok nevermind..im sorry..i thought there was more going on with ur car. im sorry once again..well have fun with ur car! =P
Damn you and all your comments, lol. j/k no problem. I know it looks bad when you start reading all this stuff. It does sound likes it's been in the shop all the time, but only for a month and a half or so, again to just sort things out. Now she's ready for that dyno-tune.

ORIGINAL: Machwon

So you are liking the CXracing intercooler? Thats good to hear as i'll probably be getting one soon
Well just driving it today it seems to be working great. Again we'll see what the numbers say to see if it's providing more cooling and less of a pressure drop.

Old 11-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Why are you running that motor through the gears un-tuned?

Do you want to buy another shortblock? [&:]

Goodluck anyways.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:55 PM
ripper
3rd Gear Member

Dans right dude. I went out and after 500 miles and no tune said fu it and stomped on her. Well blown head gasket and 1500 bucks latter i learned my lesson. Baby that thing till ya get it tuned (no boost). Its very hard to hear a motor detonating over a s/c.

Oh yea and redass02gt fork over that 30k and you can have mine.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:04 PM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: ripper

Dans right dude. I went out and after 500 miles and no tune said fu it and stomped on her. Well blown head gasket and 1500 bucks latter i learned my lesson. Baby that thing till ya get it tuned (no boost). Its very hard to hear a motor detonating over a s/c.

Oh yea and redass02gt fork over that 30k and you can have mine.
+1 on that. WTF are you doing???

Are yo in the more money than brains club???
Old 11-19-2006, 11:17 PM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

I had to do it. I've been waiting so long, lol. But yeah, it's not a good idea. He actually put a tune in it after the motor got done, just not a dialed in dyno tune. He has it on the richer side(which is so true, I'm burning through gas like nothing) I probably won't drive it much more anyway until after Tgiving weekend.

ORIGINAL: mikev08826
This car is not ALWAYS in the shop. He blew his motor because (I think) of the "seafoam" crap.

I went with Bob Kurgan. Ever heard of him??? I think he's out of rockford...I'm not sure. But he also does tuning at a shop about 20 miles outside of Chicago.

I did plenty of research on this guy. He is really good. Your taking your car to the point where it's not an "idiots" tune anymore...

I'm not trying to suck his/your dick on this. But the guy knows what he's doing. He's a "mustang" guy & a great one at that...

Yeah I don't know if it was because of the seafoam or not. It might have, but I'l really never know.

I get it dynoe'd and tuned and R&T's Unlimited by me. They're on SCT's site as a tuner. Rob(the owner) knows his sh*it. He's constantly dynoing and dyno tuning cars and of course works on them as well. He got a bike that runs somewhere in the 8's and road races at Road America from time to time. He's a pretty cool guy and I trust his work and tunes all the way.

As for the peak HP, I don't remember. I'll have to see if I can find my dyno sheet.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:27 PM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: stang2000

I had to do it. I've been waiting so long, lol. But yeah, it's not a good idea. He actually put a tune in it after the motor got done, just not a dialed in dyno tune. He has it on the richer side(which is so true, I'm burning through gas like nothing) I probably won't drive it much more anyway until after Tgiving weekend.

ORIGINAL: mikev08826

Yeah I don't know if it was because of the seafoam or not. It might have, but I'l really never know.

I get it dynoe'd and tuned and R&T's Unlimited by me. They're on SCT's site as a tuner. Rob(the owner) knows his sh*it. He's constantly dynoing and dyno tuning cars and of course works on them as well. He got a bike that runs somewhere in the 8's and road races at Road America from time to time. He's a pretty cool guy and I trust his work and tunes all the way.

As for the peak HP, I don't remember. I'll have to see if I can find my dyno sheet.
I peaked at 350 @ 5,000 - 5,500 rpm. So I don't take it anywher epast there.

Dude, it was the seafoam crap. No doubt in my mind that's what it was. I bet you'll never use that b.s in yoru engine again...lol.

Check the dude out...I realize asking to change tuners is like asking to change religions...but check him out...
Old 11-20-2006, 12:17 AM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

He's done enough work on my car to keep him as my tuner, but thanks anyway. And yeah I doubt I'll ever use seafoam again, lol. I did find my sheet.