4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

FASTEST 400rwhp supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 02:29 AM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

Default FASTEST 400rwhp supercharger

Ok guys im getting closer to adding F/I - and I will be runin a stock motor for a while, then later internals
I will most likely be buying a used system
I am looking to not exceed 400rwhp on the stock internals
I want the system that is going to give me the FASTEST mustang possible given my internals.
The debate is over centri, vs twin screw vs roots
I want my system to be able to grow slightly, but i am not VERY worrried about this bc I will be able to re sell it for close to what I put into it at a later point in time, if i want to.
So, the systems that I am trying to compare speed with are: Vortech S trim, & T trim.... Paxton NOVI 1000, & 2000, Procharger D-1sc, & P-1sc, Sallen series IV (whipple), and Kenne Bell 1.7

THIS IS NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST!!!, the question is straight speed- incorporanting which units build boost the fastest and deliver the FASTEST quarter mile times.

If you dont know please dont vote, I wanted to see from experienced ownersm which system reigns supreme, if any! Please assume that all systems have been tuned to 400 rwhp.

I assume that the different brands models share simular step up ratios
Old 11-21-2006, 02:29 AM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: FASTEST 400rwhp supercharger

sorry this keeps making me repost for some reason
Old 11-21-2006, 02:46 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

KB, then Series IV right behind, then the centri's are a little ways back.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:04 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ShadowDrake

KB, then Series IV right behind, then the centri's are a little ways back.

No... at the track KB's would be behind the centris. They make more power per boost. Fun wise the KB might be better but for ET's centris are the way to go.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:08 AM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

so how would a series 4 compare to a KB 1.7 or so - as far as max hp possible?

i know the twins have some fun tryin to hook up - but i cant help but love that power and torque curve - so close to a turbo you can taste it

Old 11-21-2006, 04:57 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Just being ****, he didn't say fastest at the 1/4 mile, he said fastest period. The positive displacement blowers will be faster because they have more power overall, while the centri's have a slightly higher peak power. Since the peak is 400, the KB's will have much more power everywhere else in the RPM range and thus, would be faster anywhere provided you can get traction at a 1/4 mile... that just requires a good driver mod.

A series 4 maxes out around 400 RWHP... you can't squeeze much more out of it than that. If you want anything higher you should go with a KB.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:18 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ShadowDrake

Just being ****, he didn't say fastest at the 1/4 mile, he said fastest period. The positive displacement blowers will be faster because they have more power overall, while the centri's have a slightly higher peak power. Since the peak is 400, the KB's will have much more power everywhere else in the RPM range and thus, would be faster anywhere provided you can get traction at a 1/4 mile... that just requires a good driver mod.

A series 4 maxes out around 400 RWHP... you can't squeeze much more out of it than that. If you want anything higher you should go with a KB.
Don't worry about the peak whp so much, worry about how much power you can make on 8-10 PSI with your stock internals.

Guarenteed at the track and the street, in a race from a stop to whatever speed, the centri comes out on top

I have no doubt that the KB makes more torque down low, but you should see my cars torque curve. Its acutally still increasing all the way to 5250, and then barely fall off after that. From what I have seen I am making much more TQ in the acutal racing powerband than a similar KB setup.

The KB provides that instant big block feel at any RPM, but up top where you will acutally be racing is where the centri shines. People complain that the centris will not make boost until 3500 (acutally I have 1-2 PSI all the way down at 3000) but the fact is that from a stop, street or strip, my car never sees below 3500 RPM from a stoplight launch till the end of the race (launching at about 3500 RPM anyway).

BTW, the novi 2000 AND the vortech T trim are capable of producing more power than a 2v 4.6L of any configuration can make. AKA, you can run a 2000 or T trim and you will never max out the blower with any built 2V 4.6L engine assembly. If you truly plan on going with a built motor down the road I would definatly get either a T or a 2000, I wish I had.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:26 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

A little thing or two about boost.... Just because you have LOTS of boost doesn't mean your running alot of power. I know a guy over at the BMC forums thats got a Procharger P1 running 12psi, sounds like a good number right? But he is only putting down 370rwhp. Why? Well my friends because he had Stock heads, Cams, Built motor but stock headers, cats, and exhuast. The restrictiveness of his set up was causing him to get a really bad Horsepower to Boost Ratio. Make sure you allow your car to breath really well before putting any kinda forced induction or you will be dissappointed with the numbers. Good Luck
Old 11-21-2006, 05:43 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bransdaman78

Ok guys im getting closer to adding F/I - and I will be runin a stock motor for a while, then later internals
I will most likely be buying a used system
I am looking to not exceed 400rwhp on the stock internals
I want the system that is going to give me the FASTEST mustang possible given my internals.
The debate is over centri, vs twin screw vs roots
I want my system to be able to grow slightly, but i am not VERY worrried about this bc I will be able to re sell it for close to what I put into it at a later point in time, if i want to.
So, the systems that I am trying to compare speed with are: Vortech S trim, & T trim.... Paxton NOVI 1000, & 2000, Procharger D-1sc, & P-1sc, Sallen series IV (whipple), and Kenne Bell 1.7

THIS IS NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST!!!, the question is straight speed- incorporanting which units build boost the fastest and deliver the FASTEST quarter mile times.
If you dont know please dont vote, I wanted to see from experienced ownersm which system reigns supreme, if any! Please assume that all systems have been tuned to 400 rwhp.

I assume that the different brands models share simular step up ratios
Those two things dont go together. The top mounts, will build boost faster, and the centri's will produce the better 1/4 time. So which one do you want? In my opinion, you cant go wrong with a centri from procharger, vortech or paxton Novi, in no particular order.

And +100 about what 2000GT4.6 said. If you are going with a built motor, I agree you would want the T-trim vortech or the PN2000. The T trim is rated at max 825hp, and the 2000 is rated at max 1150hp. Im pretty sure those are flywheel hp. WIth a built engine and other mods to handle the power you could easily spin the max of a V1 or V2. You could also look into the ATI D1 or F1, or a Vortech YS or J. Those two are both right around the Paxton 2000.

There are alot of options out there. Research and figure out what your final goal is. Then pick a s/c with the ability to push that many hp/PSI efficiently
Old 11-21-2006, 06:56 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

remeber that a 2v will only make about 650 WHP with any supercharger/engine setup. If you need more, you either need to go turbo or 4v.

A full weight 2v with 650 WHP should go bottom 10s easy on a 1.7~ 60'.

)

Quick Reply: FASTEST 400rwhp supercharger