4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Sticky with mod hp gains

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

Default Sticky with mod hp gains

Hi all,

As I wrestle with what mods to do, I realized that a sticky showing the mod and real hp gain would be a great help for new guys and referance for more experianced guys. I don't know enough to do it myself, but would be willing to help if possible. I was thinking of a format something like this:

Heads:
96-98 NPI=?
ported NPI=? Cams=+?
headswap PI=?
STG 1=? Cams=+?
STG 2= ? Cams=+?
HEADERS:
Shorties=?
L/T's=?
Catback=?
etc.

I hope that made some sense. It could be used as a quick referance guide to figure out different builds. It does not need to be real specific on brands or hp. Just a general guide with the real hp gains people have seen in doing the differant mods?

Am I an idiot or can this be done?
Old 11-22-2006, 08:45 PM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Sticky with mod hp gains

I won't call you an idiot, but it can't be done in the manner in which you are speaking. There are too many different variables that come into play such as...what grind cams, what brand x-pipe (Dr. Gas v. Bassani), what cat-back, what headers paired with what? The combinations are endless with as many conclusions. You can get general #'s if you ask more specific questions to people on this forum with a similar setup to what you are looking for. 'TECHNICALLY' it wouldn't be "impossible," but it would take a helluva lot longer than anybody on this forum would be willing to do for free. It would take time to research the possible combos, plus rwhp's with what car, etc. You'd need a small library. I'd give it up this time. Ask a particular question for a specific response. A lot of people here can be very helpful.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GSXRIntensity

I won't call you an idiot, but it can't be done in the manner in which you are speaking. There are too many different variables that come into play such as...what grind cams, what brand x-pipe (Dr. Gas v. Bassani), what cat-back, what headers paired with what? The combinations are endless with as many conclusions. You can get general #'s if you ask more specific questions to people on this forum with a similar setup to what you are looking for. 'TECHNICALLY' it wouldn't be "impossible," but it would take a helluva lot longer than anybody on this forum would be willing to do for free. It would take time to research the possible combos, plus rwhp's with what car, etc. You'd need a small library. I'd give it up this time. Ask a particular question for a specific response. A lot of people here can be very helpful.

Fair enough, just an idea (bad idea ). Initially I was just trying to compensate for manufacturers over blown hp ratings on mod items, but you are right the more I think about it, the more impractical it is.

Thanks for the feedback though
Old 11-23-2006, 11:32 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Armydad

ORIGINAL: GSXRIntensity

Fair enough, just an idea (bad idea ). Initially I was just trying to compensate for manufacturers over blown hp ratings on mod items, but you are right the more I think about it, the more impractical it is.

Thanks for the feedback though
We all learn!!!!!