4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Im Concerned....

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 02:20 PM
pallidamors
Banned

Default RE: Im Concerned....

bump
Old 11-23-2006, 02:23 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

yeah let them know what your experiancing.. I would put the stock tune back on there.. obviously, if its doing it with the tune, and not with the stock tune - it's obviously the problem with the tune. They're normally very good to work with - so im sure they'll take care of you, but i would uninstall that tune yesterday... and when u bring your gears in to be installed ask them about a custom tune.. that'd be the smart thing to do at this point.
ORIGINAL: pallidamors

So I should call up mustangtuning and ask them whats up I guess. One more question if the car is pinging, would it do it in neutral as well? What I mean is if I let it sit in my driveway and then rev it to like 4k would it do it or does a car only ping when the engine is under load?
Old 11-23-2006, 03:03 PM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

yeah let them know what your experiancing.. I would put the stock tune back on there.. obviously, if its doing it with the tune, and not with the stock tune - it's obviously the problem with the tune. They're normally very good to work with - so im sure they'll take care of you, but i would uninstall that tune yesterday... and when u bring your gears in to be installed ask them about a custom tune.. that'd be the smart thing to do at this point.
+1

And to answer your question about revving in neutral and pinging, from my experience it would have to be WAAYYY off to do that if it is indeed pre-ignition.
Pre-ignition generally shows up under load, but if the timing/fuel is so far out that the computer can't compensate, anything is possible.

Put the stock tune back, test it and if all is well call the tuner and let them know your experiences.

Whatever you do, DON'T install your gears or do anything until you sort this problem out first.