4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My first GT!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 07:53 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: My first GT!

Thats true!!! I bought my car in the end of March and have done no work to the brakes what so ever. The only time the front end was messed with was when the K member come out and the headers went in. When my brakes started feeling a little weak I took it to the dealer to have them exchanged with Ceramic brakes I bought myself. Well, When they pulled calipers off to replace them, who ever had the car before me installed or had the brake pads installed wrong. There are two nubs on the back of each brake pad and when they put them on wrong the cylinders pressed into the nubs which damaged the cylinders terribly.

Come to find out that the dealer charged me $490.90 to change out the calipers, pads and to turn the rotors! Thats ridiculous!!! They said that I couldnt prove that I had the work done by someone else that had messed it up and I said they couldnt prove that I did... which I didnt. They didnt want to hear it, so I paid and went about my way but I will NEVER deal with Covert Ford of Austin again. [:@]
Old 08-25-2004, 09:37 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Excellent car! Now mine is in the shop. Just got it saturday and had to take it in today. They said the gashes in the bumper would take at LEAST 2 days and they aren't open on weekends. Plus, they need to check out the engine cause it's having problems starting. Said I'd be lucky to get it back by Friday. I'm looking at maybe Monday or Tuesday. How awesome is that? Buy a brand new car and I get a loaner car longer than I've had the car that I bought. It's a Focus, btw. I can't wait for that paper to come in where I rate my experience at the dealership!
Old 08-25-2004, 10:34 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Damn man, that sucks. What gashes in the bumper are you talking about... and what did they say was wrong with the engine?
Old 08-26-2004, 08:13 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

i'm not sure what's wrong with the engine. they wouldn't tell me yet.

when i bought the car, i noticed some nice lovely scratches in the front bumper. there were a bunch of them, pretty deep too. they knew about it and made me sign something saying that they also knew about it and they would take care of it. i was told nomore than 1 day for that, now i'm looking at possibly monday or tuesday until i get the car back. after carefully looking at it when i dropped my car off, they said they may have to order a whole new bumper. it may not be able to be touched up. they better give me like 1 month free or something on this. i'm going to have their PoS focus longer than the car i originally bought. GRRRRR!
Old 08-26-2004, 08:25 AM
rtm
2nd Gear Member

It's called the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Federal Trade Commission Improvement Act.

It states that the installation of aftermarket parts have no effect on the warranty unless such equipment causes the warranty claim.

Some Dealers are "mod friendly", and some are not. But it depends on what kind of repair that is needed as to will they give you a hard time or not.

Todd
Old 08-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

My little trick I found. Usually with the younger service writers they can be pretty cool. At the dealer over here, this mexican kid is the service writer. I needed a bunch of **** done after the warranty expired, I slid him $50 and all the sudden it was warrantied. He said to bring it back anytime, he'll help me out. He also didn't care about mods. I asked one time, he was like...I didn't see anything. All looked stock to me man.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:16 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

quick question. when i went to test drive the car, the car was completely out of gas and wouldn't start. the dealer went to get more gas, put it in, started, ran fine. but, my car was having trouble starting when it was cold monday and tuesday morning, since it hasn't been cold, they couldn't confirm this at the dealership. should i be really worried about this and make them clean or replace my fuel injectors? the car was probably sitting there for a week or something with no gas in it.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Acer2428
Site Mod

Nah, it should be fine.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:11 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

sorry to bring back a somewhat older topic. just wanted to let all of you NOVA guys out there NOT to go to ted britt. i got my car back and they fixed the gashes in the bumper. they look great, but they put 2 brand new scratches in the hood of my car. going from the bottom all the way up. i didn't know they were even scratches at first. when i got it back, the hood was wet and had water & soap marks all over it. i woulda much rather had them not wash it if they were gonna do a **** job. so the scratches just looked like soap streaked down. i try to wash it the next day and come to find out it's 2 side by side huge scratches going all the way up my hood. not to mention a few on the rear bumper. all of this coming from a dealership's service dept. just a word of advice for anyone considering a mustang in the NOVA area, do NOT go to ted britt. i'm going to see if i can get a hold of the owner now or something. this is just total BS!
Old 08-30-2004, 07:00 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

iy ins is 1200 a month for my gt