4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

97 GT Vert and FRPP handling package

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 11:35 AM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

Default 97 GT Vert and FRPP handling package

I just bought a 97 vert for daily driving (my second Mustang), and am not really likely to do any competitive racing (drag or road). So I'm just going with basic bolt-ons for street performance. After paying for a new top and putting BFGoodrich KDWS's on, I just have a little bit of cash left before Christmas. I'll add more upgrades next spring.

Even though it's my "driver", it doesn't mean I'm not looking to improve on this blank canvas. First, I'd like to improve the stance a bit and handling with a "tuned" kit, and this one seems reasonably priced at a few online stores:
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=5740

My only concern is that the drop in ride height is 1", which seems modest given the gap between the stock size 16" tires (225/55-16). Eibach's Pro System Plus kit drops 1.5", but it's also twice as expensive.

Any thoughts, one way or the other?

Thanks.

John

Old 11-23-2006, 03:02 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 97 GT Vert and FRPP handling package

That is the Bullit kit and is a decent set up. I actually wanted that myself but it was on backorder for months 2 years ago so i went with steeda stuff. You can find that kit cheaper by $100 if you look around at like buyfordracing.com or americanmuscle.com . Also the drop will be alittle more then an inch on your vert.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:53 PM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: droptoppony

That is the Bullit kit and is a decent set up. I actually wanted that myself but it was on backorder for months 2 years ago so i went with steeda stuff. You can find that kit cheaper by $100 if you look around at like buyfordracing.com or americanmuscle.com . Also the drop will be alittle more then an inch on your vert.
Thanks, I'm all about saving $$.

Nice looking vert BTW, I'll PM you with some questions on your hood, wheels, tires and brakes later this holiday weekend...

John
Old 11-24-2006, 02:32 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

haha no problem.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:20 PM
TimmyGt
3rd Gear Member

I just want you to see this before you go out and buy this kit. I got FRPP kit that you are looking at and look at what it did to my mustang! It has been F***** for over a month and Im still working with Ford racing to get it fixed! They keep trying to tell me that I messed up the install because I did it myself, F*** that. I have been to 2 dealers and 3 other shops and they all tell me that it looks like I put truck springs on my car but all the parts are in right! I just called ford racing the other day and now they are trying to tell me that it was because my car needed special springs because it must have been one of a million cars that didnt sit right when it came off the line when being made so now they are saying thats the reason why its messed up! I dont care if it was they need to get off there a**** and send me the right springs!

[IMG]local://upfiles/21439/90FB772797E34ED0B8CE7067E9FCB0CF.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-24-2006, 05:37 PM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TimmyGt

I just want you to see this before you go out and buy this kit. I got FRPP kit that you are looking at and look at what it did to my mustang! It has been F***** for over a month and Im still working with Ford racing to get it fixed! They keep trying to tell me that I messed up the install because I did it myself, F*** that. I have been to 2 dealers and 3 other shops and they all tell me that it looks like I put truck springs on my car but all the parts are in right! I just called ford racing the other day and now they are trying to tell me that it was because my car needed special springs because it must have been one of a million cars that didnt sit right when it came off the line when being made so now they are saying thats the reason why its messed up! I dont care if it was they need to get off there a**** and send me the right springs!

What did the stock and FRPP springs look like side-by-side? The gap between the top of the tire and wheel well actually looks worse in that photo...

John
Old 11-24-2006, 05:48 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TimmyGt

When you removed the old springs did you line them up next to the new ones you installed? What you have looks like a case of someone sending you the wrong springs. Even if you installed them wrong i can't see it sitting that high. You need to take a picture of the new -vs- old springs and show them because thats just not right....now i have seen atleast 100 guys post pics of the bullit kit and your the first with this problem.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:49 AM
TimmyGt
3rd Gear Member

well I will be waiting to hear from ford because along with that pic and many others I sent them they said after they look at them then they will send me a new springs.

p.s. when I pulled the old springs out it sat at the same hight as the new springs.