4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

WooHoo!! Found my cobra, how to purchase sight unseen and how to ship 1400 miles

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 09:52 PM
HARD DRIVER

Default WooHoo!! Found my cobra, how to purchase sight unseen and how to ship 1400 miles

Alright fellas, found my wife an 01' BLACK cobra with 24,000 miles for $16,500. I need to purchase it sight unseen and find out how to get it inspected from 1400 miles away, and then how to get it shipped and make sure I don't get ripped off. Any advice for me? Never bought a car w/out checking it out myself. This is a private owned car and looks very well taken care of and has been garaged. It is super clean and I feel like this is the one just like when I saw my vette for the 1st time. So I really want to get it for her but I don't want to make a mistake and get ripped off. Appreciate the help.

Old 11-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: WooHoo!! Found my cobra, how to purchase sight unseen and how to ship 1400 miles

Best thing to do is find a member on here or another forum and get them to check it out. I'd suggest flying out to see it, but that's not always a possibility.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:01 PM
akelemecz
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: WooHoo!! Found my cobra, how to purchase sight unseen and how to ship 1400 miles

Simply put .. you're taking a big risk ...

I bought my mustang a few months ago on ebay, but the car was still under factory warranty and I spoke with the owner several times and did all transactions on ebay ...

Same as with what we did this past month when we bought my little brothers mustang on ebay ....

Sight un-seen is not a good Idea unless he signs a full disclosure agreement with terms being when car is picked up if anything not listed on the contract is wrong with the car then the sale is void and you recieve full re-embursement of a deposit.. you should not pay in full until you recieve the car ... just my recommendation ...

As far as shipping use a national carrier such as das ... for the distance you are talking about it will probably be btween 700-1000 dollars to ship it un covered ...

I flew out and drove my cars back each time ... both were 800 miles away .. it was half the price to get a plane ticket and pay for gas ...

Good Luck
Old 11-23-2006, 10:07 PM
akelemecz
I ♥ Acer

Not to mention I've seen much better deals on equal cars on ebay .. I'd keep looking and find yourself a better deal .. I got my 04 GT vert sonic blue w. 19k miles on it etc... for $17K ... I had been looking for about 8-9 months .. there are better deals on that year cobra out there...
Old 11-23-2006, 10:28 PM
HARD DRIVER

Trust me, I have been looking w/ only 24k on it, super-clean, as long a there are no hidden secrets. I like this car, but I have a business to run and I am in my busy season and want this car. I need to buy it like this. It's for my wife and no way is she driving that far in winter. I need it trailered and I need ti to be cherry Good advice akelemecz and Matt, I appreciate it. I still need to talk to someone who has done it like this before.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:46 PM
akelemecz
I ♥ Acer

well covered transport .. about 1400 dollars was my quote from arkansas to north carolina ..

heres one to big on .. nice lil vert

Nice 01 svt vert
Old 11-23-2006, 10:51 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

i bought my bronco from lower louisiana. im in SC...about a 15 hour drive. i got the guy to tell me everything that was wrong...write it in a contract, sign it, then i went and picked it up. it was better than he advertised. but atleast if he left somethin major out then he would be held liable. if you have it in writing then youll be fine.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:55 PM
0hOneGT
3rd Gear Member

www.carchex.com
Old 11-23-2006, 11:06 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Where's it coming from and where's it going to? I'll go trailer her for ya.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:10 PM
HARD DRIVER

Ake...we have a 15 month old and I think the vert won't let the car seat fit (tell me if Im wrong, please) so I need a coupe.

ohonegt....due you are the man!!! I will be paying that 99 bucks for sure, well worth the peace of mind and now I can get waht ever car in the country!!!! SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeee tttttttttttttt!!!!!

Damn, just called the man and he sold the car[:@]!!! The hunt for our DOHC N/A monster is still underway!!! And with this Carchex company's help, I am feckin excited!!!

Code, it will be coming to Monroe, Louisiana, but no car to buy yet. Thanks bro.

Quick Reply: WooHoo!! Found my cobra, how to purchase sight unseen and how to ship 1400 miles