4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Keeping a black Stang clean

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Azure
2nd Gear Member

Default Keeping a black Stang clean

I'm sure all of you guys that drive black cars have the same headache as me - the damn thing won't stay clean. Wash it, clearcoat it, drive it ten miles down the highway and it's covered in dirt again. It drives me absolutely nuts and I was wondering if anyone has found a good way to deal with this besides constant washing. Is there some brand of wax or clearcoat I can get that will keep my car shining for at least a FEW days?
Old 11-24-2006, 02:15 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Keeping a black Stang clean

i have the same exact problem... i washed it last friday and when i went in to get my tints done on wed the thing was absolutely filthy.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:15 AM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

I had a black Bronco II. I could tell when the flowers were pollinating cause the top surfaces would be yellow a few hours after wahsing. Ill never own a black vehicle again. EVERY thing showes.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:18 AM
98vortech

get the california duster...!!!!!!!!!it works wonders....saves me all the time...
Old 11-24-2006, 02:29 AM
fastsilverstang
3rd Gear Member

you can't..... lol
Old 11-24-2006, 02:37 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

California Duster, like previously stated...plus some quick detail spray and a good microfiber rag...equals just a tiny bit of relief. My car is trueblue...the very next worst color to stay clean than black. I'm usually in the carwash 2 days a week, an hour and a half a shot. Plus, I always watch the weather forcast prior to going, and hope that its not supposed to rain for 2 or more days before I wash it. I need a garage.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:25 AM
Crazyfast50stang
5th Gear Member

jeebs Im looking for a car right now and the color I want is black.... i might rethink it .
Old 11-24-2006, 03:40 AM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Azure

I'm sure all of you guys that drive black cars have the same headache as me - the damn thing won't stay clean. Wash it, clearcoat it, drive it ten miles down the highway and it's covered in dirt again. It drives me absolutely nuts and I was wondering if anyone has found a good way to deal with this besides constant washing. Is there some brand of wax or clearcoat I can get that will keep my car shining for at least a FEW days?
I have a black 03 vert GT.

The best stuff I have found is Turtle Wax Ice.
It goes on easy and lasts a long time.
Use the detailing stuff for touch ups.

Once you wax the car, a quick rinse with the hose every couple of days will keep it looking fine because
nothing seems to stick to this stuff once it's on the car.

BTW, I also have the problem with those yellow pollen things from the trees.
PITA.... But if the car is waxed good, they just slip right off when you start driving.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:52 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

ORIGINAL: Crazyfast50stang

jeebs Im looking for a car right now and the color I want is black.... i might rethink it .
IMO, don't ever let just the color of the car turn you off. I didn't like yellow cars at first, but thats what I drive now. Just my $.02
Old 11-24-2006, 04:00 AM
Speedeamon15
2nd Gear Member

i have a midnight blue stang and its hard to keep clean but i will keep a california duster in the trunk and then the mircofiber towels and some of that detailing spray it will keep it good for a while but i also keep it inside. Also i wax it about once a month and hand wash it with eagle 1 wet so it wont remove the wax like some carwashes

Quick Reply: Keeping a black Stang clean