4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

twin screw or Centri for big hp daily driver

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 03:50 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: twin screw or Centri for big hp daily driver

ORIGINAL: Frostbitten

Oh yea I forgot to add that traction is great with the centri. Even in the rain it doesnt spin from a slow roll until like 5-6psi. I think its a great chice for a DD. Go with an intercooled setup though. I would pick a mongoose kit from MPH over a procharger setup. The s-trim is VERY intimidating. It screams and people say they can hear it spooling from a mile away. It was a little annoying at first cause everyone is always looking at your car trying to figure out what the noise is, but ive gotten used to it now.

Well, based on the hp numbers that I want to ultimatly get to .. If I did get a centri it would probably be the novi2000. I think the vortech s-trim is limited to less then 600rwhp.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:57 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shadowfoxx

Oh yea I forgot to add that traction is great with the centri. Even in the rain it doesnt spin from a slow roll until like 5-6psi. I think its a great chice for a DD. Go with an intercooled setup though. I would pick a mongoose kit from MPH over a procharger setup. The s-trim is VERY intimidating. It screams and people say they can hear it spooling from a mile away. It was a little annoying at first cause everyone is always looking at your car trying to figure out what the noise is, but ive gotten used to it now.

Well, based on the hp numbers that I want to ultimatly get to .. If I did get a centri it would probably be the novi2000. I think the vortech s-trim is limited to less then 600rwhp.
Yes it is limited to 20psi and 650whp. You could go with a T-trim that is rated to 800+ though. Paxtons are nice also.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:20 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shadowfoxx

Yes it is limited to 20psi and 650whp. You could go with a T-trim that is rated to 800+ though. Paxtons are nice also.
thanks for the help... yeah.. the t-trim's not bad.. It's a possibility..
Old 11-27-2006, 04:24 PM
Sap
4th Gear Member

I would look at turbo's instead of blowers.

1). Turbo's = Sky is the limit
2). More efficient, no parasitic loss
3). Adjustable boost via Boost Controller, Daily Driver boost and racing boost.

Building up the motor will be a must and should probably be first on the list.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:32 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sap

I would look at turbo's instead of blowers.

1). Turbo's = Sky is the limit
2). More efficient, no parasitic loss
3). Adjustable boost via Boost Controller, Daily Driver boost and racing boost.

Building up the motor will be a must and should probably be first on the list.
well, turbo's are more efficient but are also more complex and more expensive.. If I wanted to try and get the most hp possible then I would look into them but since I have a specific hp range in mind and know that I can get to that number with a much less expensive s/c then that's what I'm looking at.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Sap
4th Gear Member

Thats fair, but I would suggest comparing pricing...

A Supercharger kit may seem cheap but add the intercooler, bypass valve and misc stuff, the price isn't much different.

Granted thats a generalization but if I was going for 500+ rwhp I'd be trading in the blower for a pair of twins...

E.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:16 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sap

Thats fair, but I would suggest comparing pricing...

A Supercharger kit may seem cheap but add the intercooler, bypass valve and misc stuff, the price isn't much different.

Granted thats a generalization but if I was going for 500+ rwhp I'd be trading in the blower for a pair of twins...

E.

yeah.. overall the price is somewhat close but with the s/c you can piece it together without an intercooler to save money and still have good hp gains ... then later get the extras like an intercooler for even more hp when you get some extra cash. overall a turbo would be best but I'm too impatient and am all about the instant gratification. thanks though.

Anybody else want to chime in on the twin screw vs. centri question?

Old 11-27-2006, 06:44 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

Add me to the list of twin screw fans. I've seen many times where the turbo guys make awesome horsepower... but you gotta now how to hook it up and dont spin your very expensive tires to the cords. Plus, and its probably just me, I don't like the sound of turbo's. I much prefer to hear the SC kick up and make that lovely whine. A good twin screw gives you that kick in the pants torque that many guys are after. I read about a story over on svtperformance with a guy that had a KB and went TT, and back to KB. In general of what he said... he missed his KB and the low end torque that it has. The turbo was great, but just didn't have the kick in the pants feel as to the KB did. Just some things to consider... I would much rather have a twin screw as to anything else thats on the market right now.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:57 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: goldeneagle_10

Add me to the list of twin screw fans. I've seen many times where the turbo guys make awesome horsepower... but you gotta now how to hook it up and dont spin your very expensive tires to the cords. Plus, and its probably just me, I don't like the sound of turbo's. I much prefer to hear the SC kick up and make that lovely whine. A good twin screw gives you that kick in the pants torque that many guys are after. I read about a story over on svtperformance with a guy that had a KB and went TT, and back to KB. In general of what he said... he missed his KB and the low end torque that it has. The turbo was great, but just didn't have the kick in the pants feel as to the KB did. Just some things to consider... I would much rather have a twin screw as to anything else thats on the market right now.

Well, keep in mind that a turbo is NOT in the equation.. that is just something that someone else added to the conversation.. I am only interested in twin screw vs. centri superchargers.. and regarding your thoughts on the kb that's what I was thinking at first but now I'm just not sure.. do you have a kb or are you speaking from what you have heard? I would definetly go with the kb twin screw if I was wanting to go with the 2.1l hp numbers but since I am going to eventually be getting around 700 hp I'm just not sure if the kb will be too hard to drive without spinning the tires all the time....

does anybody have any personal experience with this?
Old 11-27-2006, 08:01 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

does anybody have any personal experience with this?

Quick Reply: twin screw or Centri for big hp daily driver