4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

well...its been fun guys

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 08:49 PM
slow99GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: well...its been fun guys

hey who cares how old ya are. lesson learned.. and why didnt i get this many replys when i posted i wrecked my honda[8D] LOL glad to hear your ok though cant wait to see some pics!!
Old 11-28-2006, 08:58 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JJ03MustangGT

you wish.....lol[sm=chairshot.gif]
ORIGINAL: GregoryA44

ORIGINAL: djb1187

get a v6 lol
do some work to it and beat some stock gt's!!
actually it takes only about $2300 if you do the work yourself
-HCI SSM - $1800
-exhuast -$250-500 depending on setup
True trac - $420

oh i have a 92 camaro with a 305, before my exhaust, my stock split port would take it its more comfortable and handels better though i would try and fine a lb9 TPI though (z28) and not a LO3 TBI

or if you cant have a V-8, and need something "slow" i would look at a jeep, lift it, and get into off roading, my cherokee with a 4.0 took a few single port V6 mustangs by about a car-car and half back in the day and a carbd 302, also, those 4.0 motors are absolutely bullitproof, i would sugest a 5 speed however, thier autos suck

if no, then if you could find one a turbo trans am (fbody with GN drivetrain) or a 96 up fbody with the 3800 and Y87 package, those are still game for the NPI GTs
Old 11-28-2006, 09:04 PM
2pac4life
1st Gear Member

go buy yourself a VTEC
Old 11-28-2006, 09:57 PM
02bluegtstang
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 2pac4life

go buy yourself a VTEC
haha i agree...I would never ever get a kid an 8 cylinder car...I know all about the temptations of driving fast in these cars or any other cars when your young...and when you a kid does get his hands on a fast car like this (faster than most other cars) then **** will happen...Im only 22 but Im really glad my parents didnt let me get a v8 when I was younger...its just a hard car to get used and if u drive it careless like most young people do (i was one of them in my other cars) then u are sure to get into an accident...

It might not have been the case this time and maybe wasnt ur fault...but I really dont think its any good for anyone under probably 21 to be driving a v8 sports car (most insurance companies agree with me on this since the insurance is soo high for young people with v8 cars--> higher risk=higher rates)...just my .02
Old 11-28-2006, 11:54 PM
whty98
1st Gear Member

Most kids should not ever have a V-8 sports or any other vechile at that. There are a few kids (16+) that are responsible enough to drive a mustang or other car. I got my 98 GT when I was 17 and I could have waited but I didn't, she was a steal and turned out to be a great car. Not too much power but enough. I also think that when you pay for your own car (tags, taxes, insurance, car, and everything!!) that you really appreciate driving and that's the only way a kid should get a muscle car. Just my $.02
Old 11-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

i still cant decide on what i want as my next car...the reason I was going for the camaro was because I could get a v8 car (even if its slow) so all the braking and stuff is for a v8 and then next year I would drop another motor in it without having to redo a lot of other stuff. imports are out of the question...i flat out dont want one... so any other suggestions
Old 11-29-2006, 12:06 AM
LetThePoniesRunFree
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gar4pt6

i still cant decide on what i want as my next car...the reason I was going for the camaro was because I could get a v8 car (even if its slow) so all the braking and stuff is for a v8 and then next year I would drop another motor in it without having to redo a lot of other stuff. imports are out of the question...i flat out dont want one... so any other suggestions
Sorry you wreck your car man and glad you're ok. Look into an inexpensive used 4 door family car your parents would agree on. How about a Lincoln LS V8? Not a bad platform. I can't believe they'd let you buy a Camaro if they want you away from sports cars. Even if it is a slow one.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:40 AM
LaserGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGT99

isnt like a common fact that most mustang drivers are 16-25 anyways, with the exception of a few, so most mustang drivers have the least driving experience to due their age....not many old guys drive mustangs, they buy corvettes
Well speaking as one of the "old guys" [8D] who bought his GT brand spankin' new when he was 40, I will agree that in certain cases not having enough experience behind the wheel could be a factor in some accidents. But accidents could happen to a newbie driver if he's tooling around in a Kia, OR a GT. But I just want to say that I'm glad that you didn't get hurt. That's all that matters.

....and NO I will not buy a vette. My next purchase will be a Shelby 500.[sm=gears.gif]
Old 11-29-2006, 03:05 AM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

don't get a tall SUV because you will at some point get the urge to drive it like your stang and then you'll just roll it over [&:]...i say SVT Focus if they make you get a 4 banger...or Fox 5.0 notch for the V8
Old 11-29-2006, 03:23 AM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

Dodge SRT-4 if they make you go 4banger. Best bang for the buck. A kid at my schools got one with a blow off valve. It sounds badass. I bet it could take my car.

Quick Reply: well...its been fun guys