4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

well...its been fun guys

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

Default RE: well...its been fun guys

ORIGINAL: silverstang1996

wow there is a lot of controversy in this forum. but alright my .02 in this is that it sucks bout your car and hopefully you have learned a lesson about going on turns too fast on roads you don't know(im assuming you didn't know the road to know there was a brick wall on the reverse side of the hill, but i forget since you said what happened way back on page 1).
To all the guys who are older saying that us teens shouldn't have fast cars, don't tell them to go to hell or whatever, they have ALOT more experience then we do, this is coming from a 16 year old. They are saying this because they have lived longer and they see what happens when us young kids get behind the wheel, you gotta think, for those 40 yr olds n stuff like my dad, back in his day there was alot less cars on the road and laws were alot more unrestrictive so present times we are facing much more packed roads and much more worse laws. Now yeah the only exception I would say for a kid like me having a V8 car, or any fast car at this age is if you earn it on your own, if you do this i think anybody will respect it because they know what they will be losing.
For the guys saying get a fast 4 banger like a SRT-4. How could you think this would work? Maybe if his parents were retarded and never thought "hm i wonder what the SRT-4 means infront of the neon badge, or hm maybe ill take this for a test drive to see what i think". no i don't think in his place his parents would let him get a srt-4, let alone if he could pay for one.
Last but not least, I'm hoping the guys who are so strongly opinionated to saying "its ALWAYS the drivers fault, not the car" and once you get in a wreck or if you ever have you freely admit that it was your fault and nothing else.
i may be 16 but i have a good way with words.=
haha +1 on that my dad isnt an idiot he drives an 05 GT himself and theres no way in hell im going to "sneak one by him".
Old 12-03-2006, 08:04 PM
GoonMX
1st Gear Member

im 17...nearing 18 and im saving up for s/c gt. Im hoping for something with 350+hp. Im not saying im a good driver or anything but right now i drive a dodge dakota 5.2L V8 and i can tell you that thing is HORRIBLE in the rain, but i have yet to wreck it or even really come close to wreck it. The only wreck it has been in was when someone rearended me while i was already at a full stop already. If i get the mustang i want im not gonna lie, i will probably do some "stupid" stuff, but nothing too extreme. I want to take it to the track and make it fast there. Its not just young people driving "fast" cars, its a lot of people who want to show off what they got.

Example: Im sure some of you have seen the mustang that wrecked and the one that almost did coming from a mustang show at myrtle beach i think it was. I think the guy that wrecked it had a cobra. I doubt that guy was too young, but he tried to show off and ended up slamming into a car on the other side of the road in the turn lane.

Im not saying young drivers are just as good as older ones because i know a few people who have wrecked(some more than once) out of pure stupidity and it was 100% their fault. Its all about knowing your limits. I know whenever i get my car i will baby the hell out of it most of the time.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:51 PM
ChrisdGT04
1st Gear Member

sorry to hear. sell some of the parts put the money away and save up for an 03 cobra