4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Recommendations for a Christmas present from the wife?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 01:51 AM
03 GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Recommendations for a Christmas present from the wife?

75mm tb, like a mac or something and a K&N air filter..
Old 11-29-2006, 01:54 AM
LetThePoniesRunFree
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lookin4astang

Ok, she wants to buy me something for my car. She cant spend any more than $100-$160. I had a few things come to mind, but what would be the best?

Throttlebody and plenum (If so, which brand and where?) Looking for performance over looks. I saw them at rpmoutlet pretty cheap, BUT I've heard things about them.

Replacement speakers for the rear of the car since they are cracked. Speakers plus some other small items since they are cheaper.

I dont really know prices on everything. I'd like to stick with performance items, but not sure what all can be had for under that price range that has any benefits.

Any suggestions?
Performance mods are hard to come by for that $ figure. Tranny parts are ok but you gotta figure in the fluid you're going to have to replace and the time spent installing them. You could go with some flashy interior upgrades. The rear speakers aren't a bad idea, maybe an inexpensive amp to go with them. Tint? I dunno. How about a gift certificate to the local detail shop? Fuzzy Dice? JK.

MGW SHIFTER FTW!!!!

Old 11-29-2006, 02:00 AM
lookin4astang
3rd Gear Member

Oh yea. I have tint already, and I really like the all black interior. I'm not much into flashy. I also already have a K&N filter. I feel like the tranny mods will probably give me the most bang for the buck so to speak. I feel like it will help put the power I already have to the ground more efficiently. Fluid isnt a big deal. I can get that.

So, as my previous question was, where is the best and cheapest place to buy the shift kit as well as best brand? Also need info on the tranny cooler. Thanks!