4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Nervous about this MAC catback...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 02:13 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Nervous about this MAC catback...

ORIGINAL: Mark99GT

ORIGINAL: Slicktastyk Matt

I just dont know of anything else that gives a Mustang that muscle sound. I know MRT is chambered but I cant find a single clip except the ones on their site but arent really much good.
what about flowmaster and spintechs? They both sound pretty good.
I've got a Spintech catback with stock maninfolds and H. I love the sound, just wish it was louder. Of course, that will be solved when I get a o/r mid.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:30 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BleedinBlue

I just dont know of anything else that gives a Mustang that muscle sound. I know MRT is chambered but I cant find a single clip except the ones on their site but arent really much good.
I've got a Spintech catback with stock maninfolds and H. I love the sound, just wish it was louder. Of course, that will be solved when I get a o/r mid.
Where did you order your Spintech catback? I can only find it off of Spintech's website and you have to buy it w/ the O/R X pipe.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:51 PM
03fireredstang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jpmustanggt

My catback turned out pretty good, but I wouldn't get the longtubes the fitment sucks!
I'm hoping to get MAC longtubes after christmas, but u just mad me nervous.. so what are the best longtubes to have??? i have an auto tranny btw and sorry to jack the thread
Old 11-29-2006, 03:31 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jaybird79

ORIGINAL: BleedinBlue

Where did you order your Spintech catback? I can only find it off of Spintech's website and you have to buy it w/ the O/R X pipe.
I got lucky and found it used from a member here. The only place I have seen them is their website also, I haven't even seen any sold on ebay.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:11 PM
ripper
3rd Gear Member

That guy makes money on another catback not mac that is why he says there crap lol. Wicked Motors in nj is one of the most reputable mustang speed shops in the tri state area. Kevin (the owner) use to bash procharger to death till the procharger dealer went out of business and he got the account. LMAO now theres nothing better than a procharger according to him. Dont listen to these jackasses. You ask guys in here or forums like this who have them and they will give you the real info. Come on this is plain common sense. Sometimes i think some of you are runnin on 7 cylinders.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:22 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

i really like the sound of the pro-chamber...other than that i don't really like the sound of MAC exhaust stuff...i mean it isn't BAD...but to my ears i have heard better...when i get my Mach/Cobra i will be getting BBK LTs and catted-H/X and Borla Stingers
Old 11-29-2006, 04:23 PM
weasel1088
2nd Gear Member

My Mac offroad H made my left exhaust tip stick out a half inch or maybe more that the right tip....not super noticable but it annoys me.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:39 PM
ripper
3rd Gear Member

You measured it? [sm=jawdrop.gif]
Old 11-29-2006, 04:52 PM
sstang
5th Gear Member

MAC sounds wonderful...ask him to elaborate on MAC is "crap"
+1. I have an MAC cat-back. I love the sound, and I thought the quality was good for the money.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:16 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

See I really wanted Stingers...

But they just so damn expensive. I found Magnapacks for about $450. Im actually thinking about selling the MAC and going with something that I REALLY wanted. I was gonna use ebay but holy nut sacks that was confusing (never sold anything on ebay) I didnt know how to do the shipping or anything.

Quick Reply: Nervous about this MAC catback...