4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Gap between Headlight Assembly Unit and Pointed Section of Front Fender

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 01:04 AM
Red2001GT

Default RE: Gap between Headlight Assembly Unit and Pointed Section of Front Fender

I need to post some pictures. I've been very busy all this week and haven't had any time to take any pictures. And on Friday, it's going to snow up here so I will probably will not be able to take any pictures until Sat or Sun if I can find the time. There is still a small gap between the passenger side headlight assembly unit and the front pointed part of the front fender. I am trying to live with it and it's hard to because it's still noticeable if I look at it. I also found that the bodyshop didn't get all the orange peel off the bottom part of the front bumper. Today I noticed that there is a little bit of orange peel still left in the paint just around the curved part of the bumper next to the fog light hole and at the edge of the curved part of the air dam on the bottom of the bumper next to the fog light. The 2 spots which I am describing here are not flat surfaces and they are curved surfaces and indented a little bit into the bumper.

Do you think that the bodyshop didn't fully get the orange peel off these 2 particular areas becuase they are curved surfaces and because they are surfaces that are indented deeper inside the bumper? The 2 particular areas which I am talking about are really curved surfaces and they are not flat. Is it hard to wet sand and to get the orange peel off of these 2 particular areas? I'm thinking about bringing m Mustang back to the bodyshop and telling them to try to get the orange peel off the 2 spots which I am describing here, but I don't know whether or not the bodyshop will be able to get off all the orange peel from these 2 curved surfaces on the bottom part of the front bumper inside the air dam and inside the fog light hole. My Mustang is an 02 V6 Mustang so I don't have any fog lights on it.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Red2001GT

Default RE: Gap between Headlight Assembly Unit and Pointed Section of Front Fender

I spoke to the bodyshop owner and he said that the buffing machine doesn't reach the round crevices inside the front bumper at the location of the inside curved area where the fog light is located or on the other spot on the inside edge of the curved area of the bottom part of the front bumper's air dam. Is he telling me the truth about this? I still have a small area of orange peel in the paint in these 2 spots on the bottom passenger side of the front bumper on the inside curved area on the edge of the air dam and on the inside curved area inside the crevice where the fog light goes. I own a V6 and there are no fog light on my V6 Mustang.