4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

cops love mustangs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 06:04 PM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

Default RE: cops love mustangs?

yeah my b.s stereo ticket..the cop followed me for like 5 miles..so if they see a mustang or camaro..most likely they will follow..**** lapd.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:07 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Honestly, I think everyone needs to get a speeding ticket once, especially when young. I got a ticket last year for speeding (52 in a 35) and after that, my lead-foot days have past. Ill have my moments of gunning it of course but I only gun it till the speed limit [8D] Tickets teach lessons, though the hard way, I'm glad I learned mine. Thankfully I was able to take a class to get the ticket off my record.

I get too paranoid though with cops. I remember sometime maybe 6 months ago, I was driving home from the doctors or something and a cop was following behind me. I couldnt take it anymore so I decided to pull into a shopping center hahahah he passed by and life went on...[8D]
Old 11-30-2006, 06:08 PM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

I got pulled over TONS in my other cars, 2 civics, 2 ford probes...since I got my mustang I have never been pulled over. I'd say cops do like Mustangs.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:17 PM
fishyducky
2nd Gear Member

where i am right now i can be going the same speed as anyone else on the road and they will pick my car out of the pack.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:21 PM
ripper
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dirtymagic

My area consists of Red neck rockslingers(aka lifted trucks) that turf and tailgate and the aggressive tuners(both of which should be ticketed). Most of my buddies have fbodies and they dont get pulled over and ticketed for trival stuff. Ive seen a ton of people drive by cops in this area with 5% tint and not get anything but just few months ago i got hit for 30%. Which i had both side windows down and the cop was three lanes over going the other direction(guess he saw the rear window). Got a parking citation for taking the last two spots in a grocery store parking lot (with no one around for 30 spots). And various other things
Holly s==t dude what you do bang his daughter? He has it out for you
Old 11-30-2006, 07:29 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Ive had 10 stangs over the years, it seems the color of the car plays a huge role. In my charcoal gray one, I got pulled over once, I was goin 90+ in a 35. He didnt clock me but he stopped me, he said "son I know its a muscle car but try to keep your foot out of it in town". But my '85 (which was red originally) I got pulled over like clock work, at least once a week, whether I was doin something wrong or not. The worst, I got 9 tickets in 6 weeks [:@]. After I painted it black I got pulled over once, but thats because I took off from a light sideways and stayed sideways for a ways. Got an improper start for that one. The cops have made me paranoid, even when I drive my DD (Probe GT), every time a cop passes I look to see if theyre turning around to pull me over.
-P.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:26 PM
wisk
4th Gear Member

Driving like an idiot and reacting to cops are the surefire ways of getting pulled over I've learned. You just have to ignore them if they're sitting on the side of the highway or in a parking lot as you go by. I'm not saying ignore the law, just them. If you're speeding and see one around, they've probably already caught you. When you start going under the speed limit and trying to keep the wheel straight and no swurve (when you actually are) you start looking suspect. Then they can pull you over for probable cause.

My advice, get yourself a radar detector!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:39 PM
HpOoRwSeEr
2nd Gear Member

well, i got my first ticket yesterday. ive had my mustang for 2 months now. going 53+ in a 30. it was my fist ever run in with the police and they actually had the ***** to give me a ticket not even a ****ing warning. thats really what im pissed off about.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:43 PM
wgdt21
5th Gear Member

23+ somthing miles over the speed limit i'd expect a ticket.

i got out of 85 in a 55 once though, passing an undercover detective, so i can't really talk!
Old 11-30-2006, 09:02 PM
CoolAid
3rd Gear Member

Be lucky you just got a ticket. In California +15 MPH over can be assumed as Reckless Driving (Misdemeanor, which means they can send you to Jail for a few and tow the car). That crap is on par with DUI and Speed Contest, you think your insurance is bad now just wait till you get a REAL ticket like that. Don't pay the ticket, go to court plead NOT GUILTY (whats the worst they could do? make you pay the ticket? you were going to ANYWAY). Tehy will schedule a Pre-Trail Conference with the DA or ADA. Tell him your story, dont be a dick about it either, and he will usually make you pay the fine but go to traffic school, which saves your insurance from going through the roof. Trust me, I've dont that exact thing 4 times, its worth a shot, if its your FIRST ticket like you said that means your young, as soon as the insurance company gets ahold of that info you can expect to see monthly rates at about 300-400+ no ****ting you.

Quick Reply: cops love mustangs?