4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

help me convince my father why I should get a MUSTANG!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 04:44 AM
bryanfav123

Default RE: help me convince my father why I should get a MUSTANG!!!

dude I agree when i drove coreys stang i looked at the road a compleatly different way. he had a 380hp stang according to him and when i got in that seat i felt like i was on top of the world. I drove soo carefully too because its real powerful. i knew i could beat anything but why race when i know i could win. IMO I also agree with you man that if i were to get a ticket then i should suffer loosing it for awhile and also the thing you said with insurence was great Ill help pay that too because i make good money at Best buy and eBay
Old 12-04-2006, 04:44 AM
SikGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bryanfav123

Thanks man and I agree with you if you are mature you should have a nice car I have good grades in school and want a car soo bad I RIDE THE DAMN BUS EVERY DAY to school bein a senior and I am I am not looking to go nuts on the high way I have a friend that bought a $40,000 evo and crashed it at 120mph and is actually alive due to the way he crashed. he was all over the news. I dont want that to happen to me so y take a risk I just want a nice looking car that is a legend to AMERICA and want to put a system in it while looking good driving it. Thanks soo much guys for the help keep goin lol
And don't forget you have to respect the car and the car will respect you. If you don't sometimes the car won't be so forgiving.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:15 AM
SINISTER
5th Gear Member

I personally think that a Mustang is a great first car for someone who is responsible enough to handle it. I always got good grades and was never in troubel, so my parents let me get a Mustang GT as my first car. It was especially a good deal since it was my mom's old 96 GT Vert. and I loved that car. It was a lot of fun to drive and was a blast. At 78K miles it was still running great, and I had no major issues with it, as should be expected if you take care of it. Almost 4 years ago I decied I wanted a new car, and I had such a great experience with the GT that I decied to get one that was truly my own, the one you see now in my sig. I bought it brand new and it was a great deal since the dealer was trying to get rid of it. This time around I got a manual transmission and it definitely makes you pay more attention to the road and keeps you off the cell phone while driving (which I hate doing anyway, but it gives you a good excuse for an annoying girlfriend, haha).
Anyway, I think that getting this car will be a good thing in that it is something that you really want and will definitely take care of. Doing this will enforce your current trend of good behavior and responsibility because you will not want to lose the car for being stupid. In any case, I hope it all works out for you and you will definitely enjoy it.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:54 AM
BigBadRick
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Steve04GT

ORIGINAL: ponysnake99

AHEM...

Much of the local community has become accustomed to the young rage of small engined imports (such as hondas and toyotas). I drove a variety of these vehicles for a period of time while i saved money for the mustang i currently own. During this time I did a bunch of crazy things, drove fast, cut people off, and the assorted stuff you hear teenagers getting killed for. Once i got my mustang things slowed down, dont get me wrong, i own a 400+ hp mustang that flies...but a certain level of responsibility grows with horsepower. This has led me to believe that SOME of the reasons the fast driving, fast and the furious inspired driving and modifying in many young owners stems from a general lack of responsibility for power. The civic and stuff is great for people who are more concerned about getting from point A to point B, but among teenagers it is some what important to look good going from point A to point B. To put it simply there is an underlying reason for buying a GT to adjust to power, it teaches a mature level of responsibility, and you'll find a lot of mustang drivers on this site are sane and responsible (and between 17-24[&:]).
As for the mustang, it is a great platform, it is not insanely fast (against what you may think) the mustang has a reputation for being a ultra fast sports car (expecially from the 60s etc) but any mustang driver will tell you there is faster out there. The mustang is generically less expensive and easier to personalize than most other cars, and doesnt hold a general level of disdain many imports have.

if that doesnt do much...GET THE KID A MUSTANG
*claps* *claps* *claps* *claps* *claps* *claps*

Well said You hit it right on the money.

Also this car is cheaper to insure then most tuners/imports such as STI's, SRT-4's, or an evo jus for starters.
No its not...
Old 12-04-2006, 07:27 AM
II 98 GT II
4th Gear Member

I had a honda accord (4cyl) before I got my mustang. It was a great car, very reliable, but I just needed something a little different...

Sooo after awhile I finally bought a black 98 mustang GT. I wanted a new edge, but I found a good deal on this car, so I went ahead and bought the thing. I still remember the first time I heard her start up on the dealer's lot... that beautful rumble of the v8 coming to life. There was no turning back at that point. I was sold. Ahh sorry, just reminiscing. Back to the point:

IN MY OPINION, dangerous teenage drivers are going to get themselves into trouble no matter what car they drive. Giving them a powerful car will only expedite the process. A 17 year old in a mustang is not a bad thing, so long as they are responsible. Just make sure that you understand and respect everything that a car like this stands for. A mustang isn't the fastest car on the road. Someone else will always be faster. Regardless of who is revving their engine at you at that red light, remind yourself of how badly you wanted this car now, and then envision it wrapped around a tree. Any need for speed that you might have should be fulfilled at the track!!!

All that being said, you sound like the type of guy who would respect his car. If you're anything like me or the rest of the people on this board, you'll love and care for your car almost as if it was a child of yours. I doubt that anything anyone on this board says will really make a difference in whether you get this car or not, so I'm just saying good luck. Keep us posted.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:22 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Man, I am gonna come off sounding like a dick here, but oh well. Stick with and be damn happy with whatever your family gets you. Do I think you should get the Mustang???? HELL NO. You said people laughed at you because of the CRV until you put a $2K stereo in it. If you have wanted a Mustang that badly.....WORK your A$$ off and get one. That $2K could have gone toward the Stang.

I bought my first car at the age of 13 because the car I really wanted would be available to me on my 16th birthday if I had the $6800.00 in cash on the day of my 16th birthday. The car I got when I was 13 cost me $300.00. I cleaned it up, put a little work into it, sold it, made a profit and moved on to make some more money. I mowed yards, delivered papers (on a bicycle), picked up aluminum cans on the side od the road...whatever I could do to make money for the car I really wanted. At 7am on my 16th birthday, I went to the where the car was, handed the man $6800.00 cash, in everything from 1 dollar bills, to 100 dollar bills, to nickels. I had enough money left over for a tank of gas.

So, if people laughing at you over the CRV, SCREW them, think about walking along the side of the road picking up cans. The moral of this is, if you want something...work for it. Just my .02
Old 12-04-2006, 10:35 AM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

im 17 and a senior and my parents thought i would have had a ticket by now but i havent i drive slower now that i did with my 2000 f-150 because i do not want to take the chance in wrecking it
Old 12-04-2006, 11:33 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

Man, I am gonna come off sounding like a dick here, but oh well. Stick with and be damn happy with whatever your family gets you. Do I think you should get the Mustang???? HELL NO. You said people laughed at you because of the CRV until you put a $2K stereo in it. If you have wanted a Mustang that badly.....WORK your A$$ off and get one. That $2K could have gone toward the Stang.

I bought my first car at the age of 13 because the car I really wanted would be available to me on my 16th birthday if I had the $6800.00 in cash on the day of my 16th birthday. The car I got when I was 13 cost me $300.00. I cleaned it up, put a little work into it, sold it, made a profit and moved on to make some more money. I mowed yards, delivered papers (on a bicycle), picked up aluminum cans on the side od the road...whatever I could do to make money for the car I really wanted. At 7am on my 16th birthday, I went to the where the car was, handed the man $6800.00 cash, in everything from 1 dollar bills, to 100 dollar bills, to nickels. I had enough money left over for a tank of gas.

So, if people laughing at you over the CRV, SCREW them, think about walking along the side of the road picking up cans. The moral of this is, if you want something...work for it. Just my .02
I'm kind of with code here....work your ****ing *** off and get it if you want it so bad. It took me 3 years of saving and buying/selling ****ty cars that I hated before I was able to afford my stang.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:55 AM
silverstang1996
5th Gear Member

i didn't have the time to read anything except some of the first post. but i say if you can't afford the car yourself you shouldn't try to get your dad to get it for you, be independent show pride in what you can get yourself. if you have the money your dad should let you get it. Just tell him that it's what you'd like to invest your money in and if you love them so much he should know you really want one and a normal father should just let you get one like that. unless you are wreckless or something like that and will be a danger in the car, but you can make any car dangerous so.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:56 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Yea you really can't go wrong with a Stang. My first car was a 2000 Mustang GT and it was amazing. I proved to my parents a long time ago I was a good kid, and responsible enough to have a powerful car... Plus what really helped me was that my dad was really into cars when he was my age, so he wanted to get me something good. They are a real nice muscle car for a teenager to have, any even though more powerful than your daily V6er, they really are not that dangerous at all if you are a responsible kid.

Needless to say, my dad helped my upgrade to my current 2000 C5 Corvette... Now we are talking power - But my dad knows I will be fine.. Its all about the trust.

PS - Dad's really do have a lot of FUN driving these cars... my brother now owns my 1st car, the mustang, and my dad BEATS on it [8D]

Good Luck

Quick Reply: help me convince my father why I should get a MUSTANG!!!