4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Magnapacks INSTALLED!! wooohooo

Old 12-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: Magnapacks INSTALLED!! wooohooo

Jaybird, at the moment on my Cobra I have a catted x-pipe & flowmaster super 40's. Sounds good, but it's not aggressive.

Magnapacks don't fit on my car unfortunately, the off-sets are different on Cobra's. On your car they are C/O (center in, offset) and on mine the offsets are on opposite corners. It's going to take a decent amount of bending to get them to fit, however I plan on doing it regardless.

On my GT I had a Magnaflow Catted X-pipe with the Magnapacks. Maybe I'll go dig up the sound clips and it'll give you a good idea on what you may want to get for a mid-pipe.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Very nice. Glad to hear that you are happy w/ your decision. You will only love it more after you have full exhaust. The sound is def. priceless
Old 12-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Jskeezy84
2nd Gear Member

thats the cb i was thinking of going with. I wonder how it will sound with a mac o/r prochamber??? i want loud but not ticket lound.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

Jaybird, at the moment on my Cobra I have a catted x-pipe & flowmaster super 40's. Sounds good, but it's not aggressive.

Magnapacks don't fit on my car unfortunately, the off-sets are different on Cobra's. On your car they are C/O (center in, offset) and on mine the offsets are on opposite corners. It's going to take a decent amount of bending to get them to fit, however I plan on doing it regardless.

On my GT I had a Magnaflow Catted X-pipe with the Magnapacks. Maybe I'll go dig up the sound clips and it'll give you a good idea on what you may want to get for a mid-pipe.
Ohh wow I didn't know about the different fit for the Cobras. [:@] That sucks. Will be very interesting to see how you will be able to bend it to get it to fit. From what I understand you can't bend stainless steel., right? Cause it cracks or breaks., however you could twist at the joints where the pipes meet and then try to clamp it up. In any event, good luck, and thanks for digging up those clips. I love my exhaust but I can't wait to get the aftermarket midpipe, should open it up even more w/ beautiful sound.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:43 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Alls I know is Jay, you better lock that thing in your garage or in a bomb celler or something because one day...you may wonder where it's at *ehemm* [8D] I want the Packs
Old 12-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Slicktastyk Matt

Alls I know is Jay, you better lock that thing in your garage or in a bomb celler or something because one day...you may wonder where it's at *ehemm* [8D] I want the Packs
You know the car alarm commercial in Robocop 2? That's going to be my next mod. hehe. And don't worry dude, we will find you a good deal on the packs so you'll practically get em for nothing. BTW, once I get my camera back I will take some pics. The **** aren't fat and rolled like some other companies, but they look good., kinda subtle like you are wondering "hmm I wonder what he's got there."
Old 12-04-2006, 11:49 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Yeah I heard they aren't rolled. Ill probably grab some chrome or brushed MRT tips later on. THough, Im not exactly sure what the brushed ones look like.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Scjar
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jaybird79
Honestly though sound clips would not do this exhaust justice, it has to be heard and felt in real life, to fully be appreciated.
I hear ya on that one. Thats true for any new catback. LM II's rev'ed up to 5k+ RPMs sound sooo much better in person than a camera could ever capture.

Im glad you finally got you a catback, even though you decided against LM II's Anything is better than those stock mufflers!!
Old 12-05-2006, 12:01 AM
stangc83
3rd Gear Member

I have magnapacks myself with the bassani o/r. sounds beautiful. there is no other mustang in the city that sounds like mine. people do complain a lot though. when you are going 20, it sounds like you are going 50. so be ready for a lot of bitchin. but i love the deep throaty sound. beautiful exhaust. Be ready to adjust the exhaust a little. it will shift a little, and it will rattle a little. get use to it and it will stop after about 2 months or so.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:09 AM
HaV
5th Gear Member

I have packs w/ a VRS catted xpipe and bbk LT's.. it sounds wonderful.. Packs are great for a solid tone all through the range.. soo much better than flows and mac IMO.. I would only go Borla, Magnaflow, or SLP.. the rest just dont hold a candle to those IMO.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Magnapacks INSTALLED!! wooohooo