4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Good Gains????? What u think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 01:35 AM
trance565
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Good Gains????? What u think?

yay! do it asap lol, i wanna see. lol, wanna see what sort of area i might be pusshing once i get my new intake manifold plenum and tb

i dont think they are unbelieveable, as 99-04 motors made in the 230-240 whp range stock i think.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:43 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

i would expect in the neighborhood of maybe 270 rwhp

thats giving you 230 stock
20 for full exhaust
10 for full intake
10 for tuner

and i think that might even be overestimating it just a tad.

so yea...thats why every1 is blown away with your 287 figure. maybe you have a factory stunner lol.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:07 AM
kylebgt
3rd Gear Member

I am impressed with the #'s you gained from the diablo. I wouldnt expect more than 5whp from that. I am not doubting the numbers you gained from the diablo since you had a before and after dyno. But 287 is a little high.

Hey Ramrod, factory "stunners" do exist, it is just hard to come by one. But the most hp you will see from a factory stunner is about 5hp over the stock rating.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:12 AM
BlackGT_03

ORIGINAL: Car_Ramrod

i would expect in the neighborhood of maybe 270 rwhp

thats giving you 230 stock
20 for full exhaust
10 for full intake
10 for tuner

and i think that might even be overestimating it just a tad.

so yea...thats why every1 is blown away with your 287 figure. maybe you have a factory stunner lol.

Maybe it is a factory stunner. I just know I have the dyno sheet in my hand and I'm reading it with my own two eyes.

Back to my original question of "are these good gains"......I would have to say YES judging by everyone's reactions.

And no one ever answered my question if all dynos post the RWHP opposed to the HP at the crank. I was under the impression that all Dynos show the RWHP and RWT....so correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:14 AM
BlackGT_03

ORIGINAL: kylebgt

I am impressed with the #'s you gained from the diablo. I wouldnt expect more than 5whp from that. I am not doubting the numbers you gained from the diablo since you had a before and after dyno. But 287 is a little high.

Hey Ramrod, factory "stunners" do exist, it is just hard to come by one. But the most hp you will see from a factory stunner is about 5hp over the stock rating.

The gain from the diablo is from ELD doing a dyno tune with it....it's not from the "stock" tune already pre-loaded in the diablo.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:15 AM
trance565
3rd Gear Member

dynos only do rwhp, as the loss from drivetrain isnt always the same, even with the exact same drivetrain there can be a 1-3% difference in the loss from crank to wheels.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:16 AM
eventer289
3rd Gear Member

These numbers wouldn't be outrageous if it were on an inertial dyno. A Mustang dyno is going to yield more realistic numbers, and I bet this was done on an inertia dyno.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:29 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlackGT_03

ORIGINAL: nanaki

are those SAE numbers?

I have no idea what SAE means?? This is the first Dyno I've ever had done. I'm just reading the numbers off the dyno sheet. It shows the old HP and Torque as well as the New HP and Torque. Tells me when the curves peak........Not sure why you guys don't believe me....are these numbers really that high to be unbelievable???
What was your baseline (original) numbers?

Assuming its a dynojet 248c dyno the numbers are out of wack. the TQ is really high, and the HP is fairly high.

All that matters is your before and after change though. The dyno may not be setup correctly, or just shows higher numbers, but hte only thing you should concern yourself with is the difference between teh before and after number. This will tell ya if your tuner is doing his job.

For reference, with all the boltons and stage 2 cams, I made 28x whp.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:37 AM
BlackGT_03

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: BlackGT_03

ORIGINAL: nanaki

are those SAE numbers?

I have no idea what SAE means?? This is the first Dyno I've ever had done. I'm just reading the numbers off the dyno sheet. It shows the old HP and Torque as well as the New HP and Torque. Tells me when the curves peak........Not sure why you guys don't believe me....are these numbers really that high to be unbelievable???
What was your baseline (original) numbers?

Assuming its a dynojet 248c dyno the numbers are out of wack. the TQ is really high, and the HP is fairly high.

All that matters is your before and after change though. The dyno may not be setup correctly, or just shows higher numbers, but hte only thing you should concern yourself with is the difference between teh before and after number. This will tell ya if your tuner is doing his job.

For reference, with all the boltons and stage 2 cams, I made 28x whp.

The before and after numbers are shown in my original post.

Before: 278rwhp and 323rwt (this includes all the bolt ons except for the custom tune)
After: 287rwhp and 339rwt

Never had it dynoed when it was bone stock.

As far as what kind of dyno it is...I have no clue in hell...guess I could call the shop and find out though.

Does anyone else with the same or similar mods as me have a dyno sheet??? Then we can compare.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:41 AM
kylebgt
3rd Gear Member

So what is ELD is that an online retailer that tuned it for you acording to your mods or is it a local shop??

Quick Reply: Good Gains????? What u think?