4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

This is the last loud car I am having..

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 03:47 AM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

Default RE: This is the last loud car I am having..

God forbid your in a nursery!
When u go on a baby punching tangent.

lol. Have u heard his new act? Called Vicious Circle? Its a mix of old and new material really good stuff.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:47 AM
kylebgt
3rd Gear Member

Somebodys getting old

J/K

Why not just get a quite beater to drive when you dont want to hear the engine roar?
Old 12-06-2006, 03:58 AM
slow99GT
3rd Gear Member

I feel ya man.. I love the way my car sounds.. but after driving down the hwy for 20min I am like damn this thing is loud.... its kinda funny when I am next to stock GT they usually will tell me my car sounds nice.. I usually say the same thing back to them LOL.. but I wouldnt trade that sound for anything..

Why not just get a quite beater to drive when you dont want to hear the engine roar?
Thats what I did and it was great untill I hit a deer yesterday[:@] anyone want to buy a honda
Old 12-06-2006, 04:39 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

ORIGINAL: 03 GT

Man.. As much as I love the way my car sounds. Its annoying as hell always having such a loud car! Before my Mustang, I had a '91 Firebird with Flowmaster Catback, High Flow Cat and Flowtech headers. And I thought that was loud, now my '03 has SLP LM1's and Pypes OR/X. I am no longer putting exhaust on my cars.... Sorry for the rant
Uh...thats because you put the most rediculously loud exhaust on ur mustang possible, u are basically running straight pipes.
+1

Running LM1s and a o/r X is just asking for noise violation tickets

@ highway speed you can hold a conversation at normal level (aka not raise your voice) with my magnaflow/or x/LT setup. Once you step into the loud pedal things definatly change, but my favorite thing about my exhaust is that its not annoying at crusing speeds.

Like I always say, having really really loud exhaust is really really cool for about 10 minutes, then its really really annoying.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:29 AM
CobraBob
2nd Gear Member

If you don't like loud, the SLP LM1 or LM2 are bad choices. I've heard a lot of exhaust systems on late model Mustangs and IMO the LoudMouth is the loudest. I know two local guys who bought the LM1 for their 2003 Mach 1s. Both removed them right away. One removed everything but the exhaust tips (which are the nicest out there IMO). I once tried looked for a middle of the road (loudness wise) catback and settled on a Steeda catback (made by Borla). I loved it! There are a number of good middle of the road choices noise wise available. So don't swear off all aftermarket catbacks quite yet. [8D]
Old 12-06-2006, 11:35 AM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

The good thing about that is you can sell the SLM1 off it and replace it with the Power Flo, it is much quieter and that's what makes it nice about SLP, it's interchangable.

Bascially they have the LM1, LM2 and Power Flo all for the same system. I'd recommend that. Otherwise get a hybrid car if you don't want a loud car, believe me you won't hear anything, hell you won't know if the car is running or not, lol
Old 12-06-2006, 11:50 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Just change your catback for a regular Magnaflow catback and you should be good to go!
Old 12-06-2006, 12:42 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: straitwangin

lol. Have u heard his new act? Called Vicious Circle? Its a mix of old and new material really good stuff.
I have the whole HBO special on my computer and will buy it next time I'm at the store to add to my collection. I wonder how long until I have every line of THIS stuff memorized like the other stuff [8D]
Old 12-06-2006, 01:02 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SOHCtimes2

Just change your catback for a regular Magnaflow catback and you should be good to go!
i was just about to say it sounds like magnaflow is your answer. I have a catted x pipe and a cat back from magnaflow and it has a ok sound too it while just driving at 2krpms but when you get on it it sounds great. So its quiet when you drive town and only really gets loud when at WOT.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:03 PM
golferjoe11
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: straitwangin

HAHA!! That Dane's a silly b*tch!

Quick Reply: This is the last loud car I am having..