4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

STOCK LOOK is the best,Why Dont I see many stock original factoy looking 96-04 GTcars on the road?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Silverpimpn
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: STOCK LOOK is the best,Why Dont I see many stock original factoy looking 96-04 GTcars on the r

well stock GT's pull booty... but not 1/10th as much as ROUSH/SALEEN/COBRA etc
Old 12-06-2006, 11:13 PM
kylebgt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: STOCK LOOK is the best,Why Dont I see many stock original factoy looking 96-04 GTcars on the r

Silverpimpn, just because your girlfriend still puts out to you after you bought your stang does not mean that it is pulling " Booty" + Cobras are 215322363 X sexier than a GT but most woman dont know the difference between them, just that one may have "prettier" rims.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Silverpimpn
I ♥ Acer

wtf are you talking about?!?! I have a stage 3 roush
Old 12-06-2006, 11:40 PM
eventer289
3rd Gear Member

I believe it it because our cars are an extension of ourselves. We all dress certain ways and we "dress" our cars according to our personality.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:42 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Default RE: STOCK LOOK is the best,Why Dont I see many stock original factoy looking cars on the road?

ORIGINAL: bigjohnson4.6gt

there are so many options you can choose from to set yours apart from everyone elses, but it will probably become a collectible some day and be worth alot when it is just stock so to each is own
There is no way these cars will be collectible. For a car to be collectible it has to have low production numbers or a special history. Just because old Stangs are pulling some good numbers does not mean that the new ones will someday. The 60's era cars are very special and there are a number of reasons that they are in high demand right now.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:43 PM
LaserGT
2nd Gear Member

It basically all comes down to what each own's personal tastes are. zyellow is enjoying his stang the way he wants to. IMO isn't that all that matters...?

Btw zyellow, from your description it's sounds like you've got one gorgeous ride. [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 12-06-2006, 11:44 PM
zyellow
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kylebgt

Are you kidding??? There are a bazillion stangs in my area (mostly sixers) and I would say that only 5% of those have performace mods exhaust,intake,etc.etc. and maybe 2% have a body mod grill delete, chin spoiler, body kit etc. The only reason to keep a car stock is to save money. Even if I had a Lamborghini I would still be wanting more hp, better looks, better handling. And by the way a stock mustang will pull NO booty. I dont know how you guys think that?
I was talkin GT's, cobras and mach 1'S. I hink most people who own the V6's realy dont care whether its a mustang or not .I would much rather have a camry , maxima ,altima, accord ETC. than a 96-04 V6 mustang to me a 96-04 V6 mustang SUC-- -!!!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:46 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LetThePoniesRunFree

It's all a matter of personal taste I suppose.
I enjoy working on my car and modifing it to my own personal tastes. I've got a grip of perfectly good stock Mustang parts that came off my car sitting in the shed. There is nothing wrong with adding a few goodies to make the car look, ride and perform better.

I have holes in my pockets and have a hard time holding on to money so might as well spend it on the car.[8D]
you from SoCal??...lol...i can't stand for my car to be stock (as in it CAME that way)...however i really only like adding OEM parts or stuff that looks like it came stock...like deep dish bullitts...or the chin spoiler/grill delete...stuff i feel like my car SHOULD have come with...but in all honesty i can't ever see myself buying a car and leaving it the way it is...never...no matter how old i am
Old 12-06-2006, 11:52 PM
zyellow
1st Gear Member

mistake #2 sorry
Old 12-06-2006, 11:54 PM
zyellow
1st Gear Member

sorry

Quick Reply: STOCK LOOK is the best,Why Dont I see many stock original factoy looking 96-04 GTcars on the road?