4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

STOCK LOOK is the best,Why Dont I see many stock original factoy looking 96-04 GTcars on the road?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 09:04 PM
zyellow
1st Gear Member

Default STOCK LOOK is the best,Why Dont I see many stock original factoy looking 96-04 GTcars on the road?

I just purchased a ALL FACTORY STOCK 03 Gt convertible zinc yellow black top and interior with the bullit 5 spoxe wheels,everyone is trying to tell me to this or that to my cars body,wheels engine,lights windows ETC.I love the original factoy appearance and WILL NOT CHANGE one thing on this car ,it took me FOREVER to find a bone stock original car. Why do I hardly ever see any 96-04 GT cobra ,mach 1 cars on the road that have at lest the all stock look?
Old 12-06-2006, 09:07 PM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: STOCK LOOK is the best,Why Dont I see many stock original factoy looking cars on the road?

my personal opinion is because everyone wants to set there car apart from everyone elses and personalize it, just like a room you live in etc. It is a way of personal expression. Also competition, you see a nice car that use to look like a stock car and it makes you want to do something like that or better ya know just my .02
Old 12-06-2006, 09:13 PM
bigjohnson4.6gt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: STOCK LOOK is the best,Why Dont I see many stock original factoy looking cars on the road?

there are so many options you can choose from to set yours apart from everyone elses, but it will probably become a collectible some day and be worth alot when it is just stock so to each is own
Old 12-06-2006, 09:18 PM
LetThePoniesRunFree
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: STOCK LOOK is the best,Why Dont I see many stock original factoy looking 96-04 GTcars on the road?

It's all a matter of personal taste I suppose.
I enjoy working on my car and modifing it to my own personal tastes. I've got a grip of perfectly good stock Mustang parts that came off my car sitting in the shed. There is nothing wrong with adding a few goodies to make the car look, ride and perform better.

I have holes in my pockets and have a hard time holding on to money so might as well spend it on the car.[8D]
Old 12-06-2006, 09:20 PM
randybobr
2nd Gear Member

exactly sitnlo
Old 12-06-2006, 09:35 PM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

BLING BLING BABY, lol. I love to modify cars, no matter what it is. I always have and always will. It's in my blood. As Barry Meguiar says, I must be CAR CRAZY!! But yeah to each his own. Everyones different. Some people want stock, some mild, some wild some extreme.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:36 PM
trance565
3rd Gear Member

what sitnlo said is right, but it's also because the stock wheels look like crap, and the saleen wing and front bumper are SO much better. besides, who can resist teh DEEP DISH!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 09:43 PM
HaV
5th Gear Member

Other than wheels, clear headlights, and a the grill delete, mine is stock.. 6'er style hood and wing.. but the motor.... glances at sig.. yeah its pretty stock also I guess.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:45 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Default RE: STOCK LOOK is the best,Why Dont I see many stock original factoy looking 96-04 GTcars on the road?

Because like everyone else said it's fun to mod our cars and be different. I hate having a car that everyone else has and I want mine to look different. Plus we all hate the FX4 package that came on our cars from the factory (car needs to be lowered). But have fun with your car anyway you want.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:52 PM
zyellow
1st Gear Member

WOW I guess I am alone on this one but I still will keep mine completly stock and original my favorite thing on the car is the 5 spoke bullit wheels.but All you guys should do exactly what you want to your cars and enjoy them because I know all the performance parts you put on your cars will blow my stock engine away!

Quick Reply: STOCK LOOK is the best,Why Dont I see many stock original factoy looking 96-04 GTcars on the road?