4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Coil over kits: Way to go or just so so ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 07:02 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

Default Coil over kits: Way to go or just so so ?

Hi all,

Who ever switched to a coil over set up, do you like it? Is there a dramatic diff in handling? What else did you need to change ie. rack bushings, bumpsteer kit, pan hard assy?

Also who did you go with MM, Griggs,Maier?

Any info much appreciated
Old 12-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Coil over kits: Way to go or just so so ?

Hi all,

I would really like to get some feed back on this, as there are many different suspension combos, and I like input before deciding on an unknown.

Thanks
Old 12-09-2006, 04:24 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

I've been thinking of going with the MM front coilover kit but not so much fot the handeling upgrade but for the adjustability of ride height. My Steeda springs dropped me alittle too much and i scrape alot and the MM front kit would allow me to raise the height alittle and keep the stiffness and cornering capability i like.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:33 PM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

I like my coilover kit I went with upr front 250lb springs and modular mustang racing rears. I find it to be much tighter not as bouncy and it handles awesome as well. I would recommend supporting handling mods when doing this as well c/c offset rack bushing, bumpsteer etc. They do not require a aftermarket k-member and will bolt up to stock or aftermarket struts/shocks. MM is a excellent kit but is very expensive. I was not ready to pay that much just to see if I was going to like it. I had already purchased aftermarket shocks and struts that werent capatable with them. I love them for easy adjustability, all you have to do is jack the side up and its as easy as doing it with your hand. I love them if you have any other questions please let me know. Everything was extremely easy to install not to mention cuts off weight..easier than doing springs in my opinion...and I have done a few stangs,camaros
Old 12-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

Great, so neither of you guys think this is overkill for a street car then. Do you think the panhard and torque arm would be too much?
I'm thinking maybe a panhard but the torque arm seems a bit much. Not really gonna do much road racing.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:10 PM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

yeah you can do it all it will help put its not nescessity and like you said its not road racing....eventually I would like to do all all the suspension mods etc...and stop there as far as what else I'm planning on doing to the car. I enjoy more than anything just crusin and showing my car at mustang/car shows I'm not as big into drag strip etc so im not as worried about weight transfer and all that jazz. goodluck there are a couple good companies out there mm,d&d, modular mustang racing etc check them all out and be sure you know what you will be happy with before you spend