MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   used s/c price ?? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/216801-used-s-c-price.html)

blstoff 12-11-2006 04:26 AM

used s/c price ??

I posted this in pipes , boost & juice also , but thought I might get more responses here .

one of my buddies wants me to buy his s/c . he got it used about 4 yrs ago & never installed it . it's a vortech , not sure what model . it came off of a 98gt & if I got it I would put it on a '01gt . he doesn't have all the parts . he just has the head unit , tubing , filter , bpv & some other small stuff(forget). it's pullied for 8psi . I have larger injectors , pump & gauges . I've known him for over 15 yrs so he will basically take whatever I offer him but I want it to be a fair deal & I have no idea what it would be worth & neither does he . so , my 3 questions are :

1. do they sell just the engine to s/c adapter plate by itself ?

2. what would you pay for the s/c & other parts he has ?? basically just the s/c

3. should I just pass on it ?

I tried to check vortechs site about the plate but its under construction . thanks for any advice .

99roushgt 12-11-2006 04:45 AM

RE: used s/c price ??

well they do sell just the s/c brackets and dependant upon what he paid for it and if it was used when he bought it i would make my decision on price and model would make a big difference in the price, the only reason for you to buy it would be to turn around and make money off of it seeing as you already have a kb blower (atleast your sig says so)

blstoff 12-11-2006 05:01 AM

I have a 2001gt also that I would put it on . the s/c is used about 10,000 miles .

2000GT4.6 12-11-2006 05:10 AM

what did he pay for the kit?

We would probably need a complete list of what the parts are, along with the blower model, to give you an accurate price.

blstoff 12-11-2006 05:44 AM

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

what did he pay for the kit?

We would probably need a complete list of what the parts are, along with the blower model, to give you an accurate price.
he actually got it for free . I will try to get a list soon .

did they make the V2 s-trim 4-5 yrs ago ??

rvoss5 12-11-2006 01:23 PM

1000 bux

Frostbitten 12-11-2006 01:45 PM

I bought mine used. It came from a 96-98 kit and had supposeldly 10K on it. Found out that the actual head unit was 5 years old and it had new seals and bearings put in a year ago. The kit I bought came with the head unit, discharge pipe, intake pipe, a few sleeves, 96-98 bracket, and a bosch bypass valve. I paid $750 for that setup. Then I found this great website called Superchargers Online and they had every single other piece that I needed to complete the kit. I bought from them: 03 style bracket, oil feed and return lines with the nozzle, MAF adapter plate, bracket/alternator spacer, aluminum ribbed idler pulley, and plastic smooth idler with the little flanges on the sides. Then I went to the hardware store and found all of the bolts I needed. Then I bought a new lightning MAF, 03/04 cobra injectors/pigtails, screw-in IAT sensor, and a Diablosport chip. Total cost was around $1500 before tuning for my used kit.

Here is the link to the vortech manual. It has all the parts lists with everything.Vortech Manual

Hope that helps.:D Definately buy it from him. Its alot of work/money but its worth it in the end.

blstoff 12-11-2006 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: rvoss5

1000 bux
thanks . I was thinking maybe around $1000 too , but wasn't sure .

blstoff 12-11-2006 02:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Frostbitten

I bought mine used. It came from a 96-98 kit and had supposeldly 10K on it. Found out that the actual head unit was 5 years old and it had new seals and bearings put in a year ago. The kit I bought came with the head unit, discharge pipe, intake pipe, a few sleeves, 96-98 bracket, and a bosch bypass valve. I paid $750 for that setup. Then I found this great website called Superchargers Online and they had every single other piece that I needed to complete the kit. I bought from them: 03 style bracket, oil feed and return lines with the nozzle, MAF adapter plate, bracket/alternator spacer, aluminum ribbed idler pulley, and plastic smooth idler with the little flanges on the sides. Then I went to the hardware store and found all of the bolts I needed. Then I bought a new lightning MAF, 03/04 cobra injectors/pigtails, screw-in IAT sensor, and a Diablosport chip. Total cost was around $1500 before tuning for my used kit.

Here is the link to the vortech manual. It has all the parts lists with everything.Vortech Manual

Hope that helps.:D Definately buy it from him. Its alot of work/money but its worth it in the end.
thanks frostbitten , this is the exact info I was looking for . I guess I will give him $750-$1000 . looks like I'm getting a centri this weekend . thanks again for the info & links .

Dan04COBRA 12-11-2006 02:36 PM

He got it for free?

$500 bucks.