4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

???? for those centri guys

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 12:11 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

Default ???? for those centri guys

im curious about a little more info on centris from guys who actually have them. ive always been a KB guy, but im on a budget of about 5500 so with the blower alone i want at least 420-450. lately ive been second geussin the option of a KB. i really hate sayin this but what are the pros and cons of havin a centri. i know the difference between the two and am not wantin to compare the two. i want to know what you guys like and dislike about your setups. im lookin for 550rwhp, for a DD so what setup is good.

ONE MORE QUESTION....i know with a twin screw to change boost all you need is a pulley swap, what about a centri, is it just a pulley swap or is there more to it. thanx for the help.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:25 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: ???? for those centri guys

c'mon now i know theres a bunch of yall with centris
Old 12-12-2006, 12:27 AM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

I've got the P1SC. For a boost change, yes you change the pulley out. If you want 500 range, go the D-1SC route and hit it with a 3.6 or 3.5 " pulley, you'll be hitting 500's for sure. Add a Anderson Ford Power Pipe and you'll be good. I'm not sure I can find any cons with mine. I like everything about it. Install wasn't bad about 7 hrs, no oil lines to the oil pan, self contained unit, change the oil every 5000 miles(I always do it with my main oil), love the whine on it, looks great and performs great. I guess the one cons would be it's a base unit, so expecting 500 hp is attainable but it'll take longer to get there. I'm probalby opting to upgrade to the D model next year, but not sure sure. I'm going for the 500 rwhp mark first with this one, so we'll see.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:32 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

why did you decide to go with the centri????
Old 12-12-2006, 12:36 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

I think you getting a little over zealous with your HP requests on that budget.

You do realize the limitations of every other drive train component on your car right?.

fuel dilivery, trans, forged block, rear end, possibly a new drive shaft...etc.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:37 AM
ponysnake99
4th Gear Member

I get a lot of compliments on the whistles, and IMO its as noticable as the KB whine...it works as a DD and it helps alot considering i have to deal with excessive wheel hop. If i had any complaints, it kind of came to me talkin to another MF member, and i think i would go with 3.73's or 3.90's just so you stay in boost longer and maybe even pick up a tenth or 2 in the quarter[&:], other than that, since the Procharger needs re-oiling, it gets tedious but its no more than a regular routine
Old 12-12-2006, 12:43 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

yes i know that, when i say my budget, i mean for the blower and corresponding components, ie: fuel pump, injectiors, dyno tune...stuff like that. im upgrading the rearend, tranny, and directly after the blower i will do my bottom end, ill just do a conservative tune to get my by untill i get the BE. ive done quite a bit of research and im not stupid when it comes this kinda stuff but i am centri illiterate. thats why i wanna know as much as i can about em before i take the big leap into buyin one.
ORIGINAL: mikev08826

You do realize the limitations of every other drive train component on your car right?.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:44 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

by the way i have 3:90's
ORIGINAL: ponysnake99

I get a lot of compliments on the whistles, and IMO its as noticable as the KB whine...it works as a DD and it helps alot considering i have to deal with excessive wheel hop. If i had any complaints, it kind of came to me talkin to another MF member, and i think i would go with 3.73's or 3.90's just so you stay in boost longer and maybe even pick up a tenth or 2 in the quarter[&:], other than that, since the Procharger needs re-oiling, it gets tedious but its no more than a regular routine
Old 12-12-2006, 12:50 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: JJ03MustangGT

yes i know that, when i say my budget, i mean for the blower and corresponding components, ie: fuel pump, injectiors, dyno tune...stuff like that. im upgrading the rearend, tranny, and directly after the blower i will do my bottom end, ill just do a conservative tune to get my by untill i get the BE. ive done quite a bit of research and im not stupid when it comes this kinda stuff but i am centri illiterate. thats why i wanna know as much as i can about em before i take the big leap into buyin one.

NOVI 2000 FTW
Old 12-12-2006, 12:53 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

whats the most you think you can get out of it????....how bout the d1sc???

ORIGINAL: JJ03MustangGT

NOVI 2000 FTW

Quick Reply: ???? for those centri guys